• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Still diggin on the same silver vein....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
and it did not play out this week! Not quite as large a take as last week, but still well worth mining! :D

Here is how it went this week with the Royal Boxes of Halves:
Box 1 - 2 64 Kens, 1 40%er, and 4 NIFCs
Box 2 - no silver, but 5 NIFCs
Box 3 - 1 64 Ken, 4 40%ers, and 5 NIFCs
Box 4 - 1 40%er, 3 NIFCs, and 1 87 Ken
Box 5 - no silver, but 9 NIFCs and 2 Proofs.

Total take from the silver mining efforts is 3 64 Kens, 6 40%ers, 26 NIFCs, 2 Proofs, and 1 87 Ken...KT would take that run anytime!

Enjoy the pics and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• CRH 06 17 2016 3 64 Kens.jpg
    CRH 06 17 2016 3 64 Kens.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 197
  • CRH 06 17 2016 6 40%ers.jpg
    CRH 06 17 2016 6 40%ers.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 199
  • CRH 06 17 2016 26 NIFCs.jpg
    CRH 06 17 2016 26 NIFCs.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 193
  • CRH 06 17 2016 1 87 Ken 2 Proofs.jpg
    CRH 06 17 2016 1 87 Ken 2 Proofs.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 198
Nice bit of silver to help you celebrate Father's Day, KT. Glad to see it's still out there and you're finding it. Good luck next week. : )

Nice bit of silver to help you celebrate Father's Day, KT. Glad to see it's still out there and you're finding it. Good luck next week. : )

Thanks, my friends! It is always encouraging to read your kind comments...
What amazes His Majesty is the continuing run of 64 Kens that have been turning up recently. It is beginning to bring KT's averages up the past few hunts! KT will be mining on this ore lode for as long as it persists!

and it did not play out this week! Not quite as large a take as last week, but still well worth mining! :D

Here is how it went this week with the Royal Boxes of Halves:
Box 1 - 2 64 Kens, 1 40%er, and 4 NIFCs
Box 2 - no silver, but 5 NIFCs
Box 3 - 1 64 Ken, 4 40%ers, and 5 NIFCs
Box 4 - 1 40%er, 3 NIFCs, and 1 87 Ken
Box 5 - no silver, but 9 NIFCs and 2 Proofs.

Total take from the silver mining efforts is 3 64 Kens, 6 40%ers, 26 NIFCs, 2 Proofs, and 1 87 Ken...KT would take that run anytime!

Enjoy the pics and thanks for looking!

I've asked this before and never gotten an answer but what is the silver content of the post-'64 coins, if any? Is there any value beyond face for them?

I thought all silver coins ended after'64. Am I wrong? If not then why are you happy to have found them?

I've asked this before and never gotten an answer but what is the silver content of the post-'64 coins, if any? Is there any value beyond face for them?

I thought all silver coins ended after'64. Am I wrong? If not then why are you happy to have found them?

NOT ALL! 65 through 70 Kens are all 40% silver, that's why KT is happy to get them! The 87 is the first of the low mintages, and is scarce due to collectors snapping them up early on. Starting in 2002, and since, all Ken halves are both low mintage and not intended for circulation...NIFCs. Some consider them no added value, But others, KT included, think there is a potential for added value in years to come. Most coinage with added value are of low mintage to start with, then other factors add to it as time passes. If and when the US Mint finally ends the Kennedy half series, the value of Ken sets will rise and those trying to fill a set will need these lower mintage later issues. Since KT has no more than face value in these coins, He considers it an easy way to invest in them.

Also, there are other silver US minted coins after 64, principally in Proof sets and as commemorative coins. Amazingly, those also get into circulation and KT snatches them up too!

Back
Top Bottom