Very first Civil War Hunt

gcollins

Hi guys,
Just wanted to share my first Civil War hunt. We hunted a small shirmish, Called The Battle Of THe Mules, Ksrandy took me, and we had a great time, this place has been hunted a lot, and it still is amazing that you can find things. Mt first find was a 44 Colt Dragoon bullet, the I found a Eagle Cuff Button (WHAT A THRILL), then it was lunch time. When we got back my next 2 finds were 54 Merril Carbine bullets, then I found another 44 Colt Dragoon, and last another 54 Merril, the ground was so hard you had to jump up and down on your shovel to dig, 8" was as deep as you could dig! We hunted a total of 5 hours it was 92 degrees and My back was killing me, I am going to try and post a pic, the bunch on the left are mine.
Thanks for letting me Share my good time
Greg Collins

Attachments

• cavalry camp 034ed.jpg
    cavalry camp 034ed.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 703
That's some great stuff. Civil relic hunting has fast become my favorite hunting. I'm very lucky to be in a civilwar-rich area. What state were your finds in?

Great job Greg! I look forward to hunting with you again. Which detector were you using this time?

Re: Thanks Guys,

I was hunting in missouri. Okie, I started off useing my dads MXT, I found my first bullet and the eagle button with the MXT. Then I hunted two hours with the Deleon, all the other finds where found with it. The ground was rock hard and HOT, I think if I new the MXT better, I would of found more stuff with it, that was the first time I had hunted with it, If i got any reading above Iron with the Deleon I dug, an man did I dig. Dale we need to HUNT, email me Lets get something cooking.
See Ya Buddy
Greg Collins

Those are some sweet relics gcollins, I bet theres allot there that will never be found. It looks to me like you made a great haul and a good time. Way to go.. smg

congrats! I too envy those that have battlefields like that to search :yes:

Battle of the Mules - nice early war skirmish, your research paid off. It's always fun finding those early ringtail Sharps. Congrats! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom