40% Half Dollars

Diggler

Forum Supporter
I have been doing a little coin roll hunting (halves). The first roll I got was loose and I could hear a couple silvers in the bag. Then I got another bunch that had 8 40%. I think people just look for the pre-65 coins, not knowing that 65-70 contains 40% silver. Thats a value of $2.50 each right now. I'm good with that.

Attachments

• 10 40.jpg
    10 40.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 324
Awesome !! I bought 4 half rolls and they were all dated 1971 and higher. I think I might try to get more. It would be nice to find some. I found a 1964 half on the beach 1 day.

Awesome !! I bought 4 half rolls and they were all dated 1971 and higher. I think I might try to get more. It would be nice to find some. I found a 1964 half on the beach 1 day.

Probably the ones I returned! Nothing like pulling out a shiny new silver half from the dirt. Well maybe a silver dollar. The latter hasn't happened for me yet...

Yeah probably yours. lol, I had a friend would bought a could hundred dollars worth of Halves and didn't get ANY Silver at all. I know he was pissed.

They get used a lot in slot machines. You can see the ones in every roll, that the edges are worn round on. Sometimes those flood an area. I bet that is what your friend got. Better luck next time for him!

Back
Top Bottom