Down Under war Relics

nice big silver... thats a good chunk of i think 90% maybe silver. i bet someones grandfather gave it to him, or a dad, i have my grandfathers passed to me. i love the militeria, although i never served.. i was a peacetime era teen, post Vietnam, i deeply respect and admire the ones that did in 1st and 2nd World Wars, Vietnam, Korea..the Gulf, and other forgotten conflicts..(Grenada, Panama, Bosnia, Somalia etc..) the country called.. they answered, I had many relatives that did and was fortunate to know them.

Even though its not "old" to some, not 1800 or 1700 or medival, its still old to us, a part of our history, a story of countries helping each other in the darkest hours.. The Aussies have always been and always will be our friends.

great saves.. put them in a place of honor. our grandkids will look at them the way we look at our Civil war 1861-1865. wars tend to be somewhat forgotten, but history repeats it's self. make no mistake about that,,,, never forget. great post hit it again..

WOW! Excellent silver, military, and a morgan to boot! Congrats!

nice big silver... thats a good chunk of i think 90% maybe silver. i bet someones grandfather gave it to him, or a dad, i have my grandfathers passed to me. i love the militeria, although i never served.. i was a peacetime era teen, post Vietnam, i deeply respect and admire the ones that did in 1st and 2nd World Wars, Vietnam, Korea..the Gulf, and other forgotten conflicts..(Grenada, Panama, Bosnia, Somalia etc..) the country called.. they answered, I had many relatives that did and was fortunate to know them.

Even though its not "old" to some, not 1800 or 1700 or medival, its still old to us, a part of our history, a story of countries helping each other in the darkest hours.. The Aussies have always been and always will be our friends.

great saves.. put them in a place of honor. our grandkids will look at them the way we look at our Civil war 1861-1865. wars tend to be somewhat forgotten, but history repeats it's self. make no mistake about that,,,, never forget. great post hit it again..

Yeah mate the Morgan is 92% Silver:)
And that's what I think it was passed on to the soldier
As a lucky charm or something going off to war.
Major loss on his part, hope he got home to his family?
It was the 32nd division Wisconsin national gaurd boys
Down here helping us in New Guinea fight the Japs
Who where coming down through the top of Australia.
They were the mighty RED ARROWS WHOO RAH!!
The USMC was with them and MacArthur was here visiting
While managing the Battle of the pacific.
We've got quite a few of these sites scattered round
The country.
Found a few UXO's also mainly MK2 pineapples, Mortar shells
And British mills grenades etc...
You get a shock when you dig a grenade up as you can imagine
But we call the army in to dispose of.
The US Grenades are fairly stable it's the British buggers you gotta
watch their unstable.
Who said Metal Detecting was boring?
I got a lovely USMC Metal the other day in a flogged
Out area with Bars.
Here I'll show you all a pic.