Equinox headphones adapter

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
Bought one of the good ones for $40 ,,plugged it in to the 600 and plugged my gg in and nothing,still comes through the internal speaker in the nox..flipped the switch on my gray ghost and still nothing..plugged in my whites ultra lites and they work fine...I prefer my gray ghosts but it’s getting hot so I’d be using the ultra lites anyway..just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying the headphones adapter,gray ghost do not work with it.

Bought one of the good ones for $40 ,,plugged it in to the 600 and plugged my gg in and nothing,still comes through the internal speaker in the nox..flipped the switch on my gray ghost and still nothing..plugged in my whites ultra lites and they work fine...I prefer my gray ghosts but it’s getting hot so I’d be using the ultra lites anyway..just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying the headphones adapter,gray ghost do not work with it.

Which adapter did you buy exaclty? And btw, I think your adapter would work with Wi steam module that comes with 800 unit.

Which adapter did you buy exaclty? And btw, I think your adapter would work with Wi steam module that comes with 800 unit.

I bought this one from a dealer,,it’s not a knockoff but the one that’s supposed to be specific for the nox

Attachments

• E97CBD42-59AC-4AD6-8D9A-477BA4ADDFE4.jpeg
    E97CBD42-59AC-4AD6-8D9A-477BA4ADDFE4.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 274
I bought this one from a dealer,,it’s not a knockoff but the one that’s supposed to be specific for the nox

Ok,
Something don’t seem right.
Did you push all the way in you port hole on detector??
I just checked mine. Quite a bit of resistance to get jack all the way in.
I don’t have what you have.
I am using a Walkman style setup for phones.

Yours looks a lot like this one here listed on Minelab site.
https://www.minelab.com/usa/accessories-1/by-detector/equinox-series#sec321942

https://www.detectorprospector.com/...-turning-off-when-i-plug-in-wired-headphones/

Woody with the adapter shown in link above your grey ghost headphones would work I think.

https://www.findmall.com/read.php?107,2442454

You need to make sure it is pushed all the way in and screw the nut down tight to make sure. It does not just slide in with little effort, you have to push on it fairly firmly. IF it's not all the way in, you experience failure to disconnect the speaker. Also, it has to be wired for mono, but if yours is a minelab cable, it should be wired that way.

Is external speaker turning off with your adapter installed?? Last time you tried.

When I have nothing plugged into the adapter the external speaker is on..When I plug the gray ghost into the adapter the external speaker is on,and if I listen real hard I can hear the faintest tones coming through the headphones..

when I plug in the whites ultralite headphones into the adapter the external speaker is shut off and the sound through the ultralite headphones is clear and crisp.

I’ve read about others having a problem too with this..Not a big deal to me right now,its too hot for the gray ghost anyhow..I’ll figure out a remedy tho for the fall.

Sounds defective to me, like one the tolerances is off; where the white's plug makes full contact, but the GG doesn't? I don't know. If you can try another one, you should. Or maybe the plug on your GG is just worn enough to lack full contact?

Sounds defective to me, like one the tolerances is off; where the white's plug makes full contact, but the GG doesn't? I don't know. If you can try another one, you should. Or maybe the plug on your GG is just worn enough to lack full contact?

My gray ghost are only 2 months old and maybe used 5 times..I’ve read of other people having problems with the adapter from Minelab also..Not a huge issue for me but If somone only has one pair of headphones and they are gray ghost they’re gonna be disappointed if they buy this adapter.

Back
Top Bottom