Help preserving a Nipple Wrench!!

ab1

I found a nipple wrench in April and have never taken any steps to prevent more rust. What can I do?
picture.php

I would personally recommend electrolysis. Depending on how much metal is left, if you were to use a wire wheel on drill, you make just wear it away and obliterate any details that are left.

Search the forums or google for how to set up a electrolysis bath. It's pretty easy and the results are stunning. Just pay attention to the POS and NEG leads. Getting them backwards dissolves your object :)

I would personally recommend electrolysis. Depending on how much metal is left, if you were to use a wire wheel on drill, you make just wear it away and obliterate any details that are left.

Search the forums or google for how to set up a electrolysis bath. It's pretty easy and the results are stunning. Just pay attention to the POS and NEG leads. Getting them backwards dissolves your object :)

Cant do electrolysis, not much metal left.:(

I'd tumble it with aquarium gravel and water...less messy than electrolysis and works better in my experience. Takes much less time. Doesn't damage it either. just beats the rust right off. I've had amazing results tumbling fragile iron buckles. They come out black and natural looking.

Back
Top Bottom