6 Ring Day, Three Gold! ****Improved Post****

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Sorry another teaser thread, I have a date to get ready for. First dive found three rings, silver, brass and German silver.

Second dive much better. 14K ring with black onyx and diamond. Initials AH carved in the black onyx. You all can probably guess what Kevin thought the initials stood for! Next ring was a 1949 10K class ring and the last ring is a small Mason's ring which is also 10K. I got a high tone and dug what turned out to be a 1904 Barber dime and the whisper of a tone turned out to be the Masons ring in the same hole. A couple keys and another bath locker tag and a few other odds and ends. Pictures after my date tonight.

So much I wanted to say earlier but never got a chance. First, I have told folks OVER and OVER to move slow and dig carefully and you don't need gloves. I haven't been cut in years. Well today I could have used my own advice!

I used to have a lot of the bottom unburied. I could see my landmarks. With all the new muck and weeds that wasn't the case today. I was stirring up the muck and sweeping my hand through it to get a lot to move downstream. Remember the tower I showed pictures of:

I USED to have all three legs unburied and I was able to see them. This tower is in 9 foot of water now. One swipe of my hand through the muck and I hit one leg. I have a pretty deep gash in my right hand right now. Not deep enough for stitches I don't think but deep enough it isn't just a scratch. I threw my own advice out the door today. BE CAREFUL. Some of the landmarks I have unburied still are. That one unfortunately was not.

Anyway. I got a new set of headphones from Tony yesterday and was itching to get out and try them. They are louder and I can hear better. Still not as loud as I would like them but I am going to make the best of them. I talked to Minelab two days ago. I hope they will increase the top end volume also but will see.

I wish the toy boat was in better shape. This is the third one I have pulled out of there.

Last edited:
Congrats on the rings, can't wait to see the pics. Enjoy your date and Happy Hunting!

A great day to be alive. Looking forward to the pictures. Hope the date went very well also. Pictures well worth the wait. Hope the hand heals fast for you. Trapper

Last edited:
:dingding: Congrats on the gold...not so much on that NASTY looking cut! :shock: That looks like stitches to me or at least Dermabond.

You are on a tare! All those goodies just come looking for you!

I hate it when I injure myself when I knew better than to be doing something dangerous. Yours looks like it will be uncomfortable for a while, but not serious, thankfully. I made a dumb move a couple years ago and cut off a few fingertips. Last week, I had another surgery to remove one of them back to the next knuckle. Glad yours wasn’t anything permanent!

Nice job on the finds Scuba :yes: :photo: when was your last tetanus shot? Agree with Felix on the dermabond but I'm no Doctor :)

Nice job on the finds Scuba :yes: :photo: when was your last tetanus shot? Agree with Felix on the dermabond but I'm no Doctor :)

The military keeps me up to date on all my shots. I was thinking if it kept bleeding to put a tourniquet around my neck to stop it.

Will see what happens in the morning. Hopefully will be better. I have a doctor if not. Thanks.

excellent post as usual Scuba. Love the old photo of all the bather/swimmers !

Congrads on the Gold! Very Nice!! I really think you need to take off a few days with that cut. Really looks Bad! I know I put that liquid bandage on my cuts just to keep the bad bacteria at bay, but mine are small compared to that Baby!! :jawdrop:

Back
Top Bottom