Finally more Montana silver! Plus update!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
A few days ago, I headed north to the big city with my detecting buddy, and we struck out. Lots of modern coins, but our first day of detecting with NO silver for either one of us!

That was discouraging, and I just couldn't let that stand, so later that evening I secured permission to detect a small front yard here in Ravalli County. The 1912-D Barber dime was a comforting find, glad to know I hadn't totally forgotten how to use my at pro!

Headed up solo today to try a different neighborhood, homes built mostly in the 1920's. Second target of the day was a Roosevelt Silver dime spill, two in the hole! Further up that curb strip, I found a 1943 Washington Quarter. There were lots of coins in this boulevard, many newer, but also some Wheaties. Thankfully it had not been hammered like the other area we had tried earlier.

Secured permission at a large corner lot home, and found many more Wheat Cents, a cool B.E. RWY CO. one fare token, some medallions, odd metal stuff, and 4 nice silver Mercury Dimes. Ended up with 7 silvers, 23 wheats, and a lot of copper memorials and clad nickels dimes and quarters. A fun day for sure!

Attachments

• shiny1.jpg
    shiny1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 441
  • shiny2.jpg
    shiny2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 376
  • shiny3.jpg
    shiny3.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Update - Was able to return to that same neighborhood today and brought my detecting buddy. We hunted about 5 hours and made some good finds! My friend using the Nox 600 found a Sterling pendant, a Silver Washington quarter, a 1952 Canadian Silver dime, and a 1912 Liberty Head nickel in great shape. Probably the coolest find of the day was found by him... a deco 1920's Brass letter opener, depicting a naked woman reclining on a couch!

I wasn't shut out either with the at pro, and came up with 2 Silver Rosies, 2 Silver Mercury dimes, a nice full date 1936-D Buffalo nickel, a cool 83rd Field Artillery collar pin, a neat 1930's deco style "R" pin, and a dog vaccination tag. We both found a lot of Wheat Cents, and a decent amount of clad, along with a good quantity of copper Memorial Cents.

Thank you for the comments!

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 289
Back
Top Bottom