Starting a new club....help

Foundit

I dont know if this has been posted before, but I am feeling to lazy to search old post so here it goes, I would like to start a MD club here in far N.Cali, I know N.Cali starts around San Francisco but I am 5 hours north of there on a good day, I know there are a few MDr's here and would like to organize a club.
Whats the best way of going about this.

I would like to know too Foundit. My friend and I were wondering the same thing. I guess i will follow your post and find out. Thanks for asking the question.

i used to live in Aracta i have family up in Mckinleyville his name is jessie Stark. i dont think there are any MD clubs up there. but there are people who MD. go to the pro sport center there is a brocher there that has a guy's number that does work for White's metal detectors and he can help you, show you just where to go. well good luck

I served as the President of a local club and also did the newsletter each month. To start, pick a day and find a place to meet. Post some flyers telling anyone interested in forming such a club of the meeting. you could post them in stores where detector users would shop...Sporting goods, coin dealers. ect. You might even find someone at a local newspaper to write up a common interest article about it. Perhaps they could include pictures of some of your finds. At your first meeting, you're going to have to draw up some sort of rules in order to keep everyone in line. When you elect officers, choose those who are really interested in making a go of your club. It will be up to them to keep the interest up and hold the club together. Above all, remember that you are there to have fun and enjoy each others company. One sour apple can spoil the club for everyone. We disbanded a club for that reason alone. We started a new one without them, and added some rules about new members had to have the approval of the charter members. A lot of times an organized club can get in to hunt areas that a single person can't. Club hunts are a lot of fun, but you can't depend on the same person to find places to hunt each time. It's a great way to meet fellow detectors. almost like this forum, only in person.

Thanks for all the good advice, I will definitley make a trip to Pro Sports, I have been at it for about a year now and have yet to run into another mder, I know there are others so figured a club might bring us together for some group hunts, etc.

i have seen them at the park thats by the zoo in eureka alot of times, if you go down to the duck pond there at the park there is an old home stead down there. I used to go out to the beach by samoa to the USS Milwaki site, thats were i found my first silver ring

Back
Top Bottom