Metal detecting club at the Algarve (Portugal)

Odin

Hi, I wanted to know if there is anyone in this forum who is a metal detectorist and living in the algarve (Portugal), and maybe knows a good club in the algarve?

Hi Odin,

I don't know of any MD'ing clubs in the Algarve, but is is certainly one of the most beautiful places I've been to. From Lagos to Sagres there are hundreds of beaches. The Praia da Rocha in particular was a very scenic beach and its gotta be loaded with coins and jewelry. It was also fun visiting Cabo do Sao Vicente and looking at the Atlantic Ocean from the westernmost point of Europe.

Hi Odin,

I don't know of any MD'ing clubs in the Algarve, but is is certainly one of the most beautiful places I've been to. From Lagos to Sagres there are hundreds of beaches. The Praia da Rocha in particular was a very scenic beach and its gotta be loaded with coins and jewelry. It was also fun visiting Cabo do Sao Vicente and looking at the Atlantic Ocean from the westernmost point of Europe.

You're making me homesick Rudy, though I have never been to Portugal!:roll: My father was born in the Azores on the island of Sao Jorge. One of these days I'll make that trip there and to mainland Portugal!!:yes:

You're making me homesick Rudy, though I have never been to Portugal!:roll: My father was born in the Azores on the island of Sao Jorge. One of these days I'll make that trip there and to mainland Portugal!!:yes:

You should definitely go while you can Ron ... not just Algarve, but Lisboa, Porto and whole lot of other places. Savor the food and the friendly people. :yes:

Hi, I wanted to know if there is anyone in this forum who is a metal detectorist and living in the algarve (Portugal), and maybe knows a good club in the algarve?
Ive been three times to portugal and each time I got lucky There is know way to metal detect in portugal on the beach unless you have a ton of permits..OR PERMISSION FROM THE LANDOWNER IF INLAND..I almost got taken away and my tesoro taken in nazare this august.Thank God that my girlfriend is from pombal and got me out of trouble. I got lucky and met a coast guard police and got me the ministries phone numbers and emails in lisbon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gilly from Portugal

Why does that not suprise me? You need a permit to do anything in Portugal! I've lived here nearly 18 months and have been stng for just about everything! But I thought I would be safe MD ing! So does anyone have any idea what permits are needed and how to get them?

Why does that not suprise me? You need a permit to do anything in Portugal! I've lived here nearly 18 months and have been stng for just about everything! But I thought I would be safe MD ing! So does anyone have any idea what permits are needed and how to get them?

You have to know the system and work around it.;) Have you noticed how most homes in Portugal outside the cities are unfinished?

Back
Top Bottom