Help! Special Detecting Design

M

metalfinder1114

I am very new to this field and looking for help. I am trying to design a metal detecting system that would sound an alarm (buzzer or other notification) when any metal were to pass through a pail, 3 ft. in diameter. This would be used to sort through trash so it would need to be able to detect items falling through at a rather quick pace. If you have any ideas to help me get started or resources to utilize please let me know. Thank you for you help, I will keep you posted to my progress.

I am very new to this field and looking for help. I am trying to design a metal detecting system that would sound an alarm (buzzer or other notification) when any metal were to pass through a pail, 3 ft. in diameter. This would be used to sort through trash so it would need to be able to detect items falling through at a rather quick pace. If you have any ideas to help me get started or resources to utilize please let me know. Thank you for you help, I will keep you posted to my progress.

Hi and welcome aboard.

THere are some industrial detecting and sorting machines in the market. Use google and have a look at...

I'm pretty sure they sell these for use in restaurants. The fit over a garbage can and are used to ensure the wait staff are not throwing away the silverware after they bus tables. Google should turn something up.

Not to push you away from this fine forum, but if you're looking to build your own detecting gear I can think of no better a place to ask than the crazy tech guys on the Geotech forum located here:

http://thunting.com/geotech/forums/

Some of the stuff they do over there is amazing, from building from scratch, to heavy duty modifications, to building complete replicas of the high end detectors we all use.

Back
Top Bottom