Finally some gold, thank you lake

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
My first gold earring, rather find rings but after a long gold drought I'm not going to whine.

2.2 grams 14k for the melt pile

Found some probably garbage Ray Ban polarized, will try and clean the lenses and see. Bullets, and lots of fishing lead. I also carried out a plastic shopping bag worth a trash along with a pouch full - aluminum, bottle caps, some iron and other sunglasses and water shoes :lol:

Didn't hit the beach I wanted to, had to go to the trashier beach, but dang it, got me some gold :pirate:

Need me a mascot ;) next time!

Happy hunting!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 632
:dingding: I prefer rings too but melt is melt! 2.2 isn't too shabby either!

Nice haul!

Thank you.

Holy Chrysanthemums You did some scooping! Nice gold hit in that trash!
Well done there!
Mud

Thanks Mud - congrats on your nice 22k baby today :thumbsup:

Chrysanthemums reminds me of the Arisaka... Mines got the Mum ground off sadly.

Nice 14K and a nice amount of gray matter too!

Thanks! Yeah got about 25lbs in lead now, mostly from 4 spots on one lake.

Congrats on breaking the drought GS :yes: You really earned that baby :yes:

Thank you! Over a year, so overdue. Need to hit two other spots and hopefully pull some more but just don't have the time I used to (not that then I thought I did either!)

Way to go!

Thank you!

:dingding: I prefer rings too but melt is melt! 2.2 isn't too shabby either!

My rings I tend to hold onto for some silly reason, this has no reason to be held onto...I did try hard to find the other! No go!

I'd bet a dollar otherwise! But I did weigh this at 2.2 g but that surprised me because it feels light and I believe it is hollow. It's fairly large though! Thank goodness :lol:

Until I buy a new scale.. I will still go with your earring :D The ring is a size 2 or 2.5... I find a lot of tiny gold rings unfortunately.. ;)

Any gold is good from lake Folsom or wherever you went.:lol:Congrats on your first!!!
I haven't found any gold this year,thought I did but it was silver.:no::D

2.2 grams of 14K for an earring is great- congrats! I've found lots of gold rings lighter than that. But I hear what you're saying- just something special about finding a gold ring! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom