SAVE THOSE CAPS! ---> Bottle caps that are worth MORE THAN SILVER !!!

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
Maybe you can get rich off all those annoying bottle caps? An online article said,

"As Gold and Silver soar beyond the price reach of many people, other things like collectables are also gaining in value, for instance, I could buy 100 1950's Pepsi Cola caps for $18 two years ago, now they are $60 for the same 100 with singles always bringing at least $1 and sometimes more, same for Coke."

Hmmm, I did an eBay search for bottle caps and here are a few of the highest price listings. Interesting eh? Ocean hunters may not have as much luck as those freshwater guys, but we just never know what will turn up. So before you toss that cap, even with a lil' bit of rust and corrosion, it could be worth more than a silver ring! :D

Happy Hunting! -David

Attachments

• bottle caps.JPG
    bottle caps.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 628
The story changes quite a bit when you change the ebay search to "sold listings"...where you will find the largest, and coolest collection sold for less than $375.

The story changes quite a bit when you change the ebay search to "sold listings"...where you will find the largest, and coolest collection sold for less than $375.

LOL, .....but the last silver ring I sold was an even trade for a 20oz coca-cola, or about $1.00. ha ha ha, I'll take a bottle cap thats worth $2-18 any day! =)

Just save them till Christmas and then post it on Fleabay. People will buy shyte on a stick for $50 trying to get all their stockings stuffed.

People are nutz

^This!

well gee, if condition were a factor, I doubt much of the stuff we dig up has any comparison to those vintage collectible caps on ebay.

This^. Anyone can list anything for whatever they want, whether people actually pay that much is very different. Even the 'sold' listings are not always accurate, scammers will buy items with fraudulent money orders and depending on if the issue gets resolved, it will stay in the listing.

People are weird and will buy anything! I remember a few years ago a grilled cheese with the supposedly profile of Jesus on it. Guess you could call it a Grilled Cheesus.

Anyway, I have no plans on keeping any of the ones I find but will send them to anyone who's willing to pay for shipping and handling.

People are weird and will buy anything! I remember a few years ago a grilled cheese with the supposedly profile of Jesus on it. Guess you could call it a Grilled Cheesus.

Anyway, I have no plans on keeping any of the ones I find but will send them to anyone who's willing to pay for shipping and handling.

ha ha ha!

FWIW, I will not be saving my caps, but gosh the things people collect sure are interesting.

Back
Top Bottom