Anniversary Hunt

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
40 yrs ago, Sept 22 1976, as a senior in HS, I broke my neck playing football.
C4,5,6 mashed together, buckled and blew out. I was paralyzed for quite a while and then slowly, things started working again somewhat. So I spent yesterday soaking in the warm waters of Lake Michigan thanking the Lord for each and every day to be able to do things. I get reflective about Life on this day....
I didnt find anything decent, all of the rings are junkers, but overall It was a great day for me considering!..:laughing:. Its great to see the success you all area having! Inspirational! So thank you for that! I'm way overdue for some gold! Maybe today!
Mud

Attachments

• sept 22-16.jpg
    sept 22-16.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 313
  • sept 22-16-1.jpg
    sept 22-16-1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 435
  • sept 22-16-2.jpg
    sept 22-16-2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 321
I hold several of my injuries I've sustained and still feel to this day on my years of playing football. I don't have any sons, but if I did I wouldn't allow them to play football. Just not worth it.
Glad you recovered and are able to lead a somewhat normal life.

We all have defining moments in our lives whether they were physical or emotional. Overcoming them gives us strength. Happy rebirth day! :good:

I hold several of my injuries I've sustained and still feel to this day on my years of playing football. I don't have any sons, but if I did I wouldn't allow them to play football. Just not worth it.

A somewhat "normal" life? Cracked me up! I'm certain you didn't mean anything in reference to Mud tho ;)

Yo Mud!! Good for you! And if no gold today,theres always tomorrow!

40 yrs ago, Sept 22 1976, as a senior in HS, I broke my neck playing football.
C4,5,6 mashed together, buckled and blew out. I was paralyzed for quite a while and then slowly, things started working again somewhat. So I spent yesterday soaking in the warm waters of Lake Michigan thanking the Lord for each and every day to be able to do things. I get reflective about Life on this day....

Here's to you my good man!

Thanks for sharing your inspirational story Mud. Water hunting is not that easy so you have come a long long way from where you were! :yes:

We had to keep someone around to dig those pull tabs and crusty pennies! Always glad to share the waters with ya and keep on trucking!

If you want I can bury one of my gold rings and you can try to find it mud :laughing: I have a 9am apt tomorrow but plan on hitting the water afterwards. I will call you tonight and see if you want to go out.

It's nice to know that you are still standing. It's also nice to know that even guys like you have gold slumps...now I don't feel so bad! I just spent 4 days on a very popular beach for only one sterling ring!

strick

Same here. Just found out this morning that we're having another girl. I'm kinda relieved even though it would be nice to have another boy to carry on the family name. It's all on my nephew now so that boy better lay some pipe when he's older :laughing:

John, that's a wild story but I'm sure I speak for many that we're glad you recovered and are a part of our forum. It wouldn't be the same without you.

Amazing story Mud that you are at least physically back to normal... not I said physical.. we won't discuss your other faculties today ;) Gold can't be too far from that green ring..

Ahhh, Mud, you gotta stay strong and keep kicking that can before the can gets you and they put you 6ft deep! You need motivation??? The great mascot of "Time and gold wait for nobody"? Seems the Lord had something better for you in mind, so make the most of it and keep pouring into those you treasure! You pour into us everyday and make us better people and detectorists for it. I'm appreciative of that! :cheers:

Just found out this morning that we're having another girl. I'm kinda relieved even though it would be nice to have another boy to carry on the family name. It's all on my nephew now so that boy better lay some pipe when he's older :laughing:

My sister has 2 girls and I have 2 boys, I keep telling her, "How did you screw up twice?..." :laughing:

Thanks for the comments Friends...Reflecting back on it, it was a good thing actually..I was moving way too fast and felt invincible back then...Nothing good woulda come from what I was up to...I had no 'stop' button, uncontrollable...

So I had a year to think about things and rely on other people for my needs...I learned a lot from it....Had this not happened, I shudder to think of the path I was on...I found entertainment in the wanderings and imaginations of my mind, which I still do to this day! :laughing: Well, its the early hours of the weekend, lets go find something!
Mud

Back
Top Bottom