Reservoir and LC update

kkekckbk

I went to the reservoir this past weekend and was sad for two reasons.

1- The top 2 inches of the ground were frozen. (I found an old ax head)

2- the reservoir was about 70% full compared to 20% full two weeks ago. I noticed it was slowly filling up more and more every day I went but now all the old roads and foundations are all under water again. I may not see this empty again in my lifetime and I had another 200+ acres to hunt. :(

Here are updated pics of the 1800 over 98 LC I found. After plenty of research and help from a few people online we have determined it is an S-190. I was hopiong for an NC-5 or NC-6 but I'm happy anyway..Next thing I need to do is figure out the first one I found. 1798?, 1798 over 97?, or 1799 over 98?

Attachments

• DSCF1999.jpg
    DSCF1999.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 731
  • DSCF2001.jpg
    DSCF2001.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 732
Too bad about the reservoir filling back up again. At least you saved a few items. The only way to hit sites like that is to bring in a whole "army" of MDer's to cover the area when timing is critical. Never say never, maybe you'll get a another shot at it someday!

congrats on saving some history from further deterioration , and smart of you to think outside of the box to look for treasure glad you were rewarded with some nice coinage.:D

Congrats on the Fabulous Find! Could you let me know how you cleaned it up?
Thanks
Chuck

I found 4 LCs within 4 days. 2 of them were in bad shape. I am a newbie to all this but I went on some feedback from others. The 2 in bad shape I soaked in vinegar (which is not recomended) and used a soft toothbrush on them. I only did this until they were cleaned of junk. The 2 that were not too bad I used a mild soap solution with a soft toothbrush. I now have them all soaking in olive oil (which is recomended) and I should have done that from the beginning..

Hope this helps and I am sure others who have much more experience than me will help out on this topic..

wish ya had more time to hunt those cellar holes.a shame the water company back in the 40's and 50's made all these dams and submersed so many homesites :no: but hey those look great for sittin under water all those years!
congrats man!

CANNOT WAIT FOR SPRING!!!!

Went by the reservoir 2 days ago and it is more empty then the first day I hunted there. I am sure the spring thaw will fill it a bit but based on what I am seeing I assume they are not ready to have it totally filled yet. I will be there every day once the nicer weather comes in.

Im so jealous! I lived in Dutchess Co. for a while....Hillside Lake, Wappingers Falls, Poughkeepsie, Stormville......BUMMER! Wish I could join you on a hunt of this resevior, but i live down in Myrtle Beach SC now(since1997) GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Im so jealous! I lived in Dutchess Co. for a while....Hillside Lake, Wappingers Falls, Poughkeepsie, Stormville......BUMMER! Wish I could join you on a hunt of this resevior, but i live down in Myrtle Beach SC now(since1997) GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

That is right where I live. Poughquag, right next to Stormville..

Aside from the reservoir, I would much rather live where you are..

The reservoir has been full all year due to the massive amounts of rain we have had. I drove by there yesterday and it is once again EMPTY!!! :D ..

I WILL be there ALL day Sunday. Hope I find some more goodies....

Back
Top Bottom