4 1/2" Super Sniper Coil for ATPro

MaineHunter

I am thinking of picking one of these up. Could anyone tell me the pros and cons of this coil. Would I get a lot or little use out of it? Is it a pain in butt to change and set up? Does it run at same frequency as 8 1/2x11"? Any and all comments welcome. Thanks

I don't know about the sniper, but I can strongly recommend the 5x8 coil.
You should really try it if you haven't:yes:

A couple of sites I have hit since getting the ATPro have been average on trash. One other was extreme on trash and also tree roots so I did give up in a short time. It sounds like I need to get the 5"X8" coil also.

A fellow detector got the sniper and didn't care for it.
Bought the 5X8 and never looked back.
Great for water hunting too!

I have stock, 5X8 and 17" NEL.
The stock and 5X8 are a must.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll scrap the idea for a 4 1/2" coil and pick up a 5"X8" one. Sounds like that is the way to go.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll scrap the idea for a 4 1/2" coil and pick up a 5"X8" one. Sounds like that is the way to go.

Yeah, if it's an either or decision, then the 5x8 is much more useful. The sniper would really be useful around nearby metal fences or playground equipment in my opinion.

Papa

My thoughts are (may not be correct)

In a way, the 5x8 might be better in trash than the sniper because the 5x8 is a DD where the sniper is a concentric...

<*)))>{

All the opinions are telling me to forget the 4 1/2" and get the 5"X8". That is what I am going to do. Thanks all.

Whew..... glad I just bought my 5x8 from a member on here. Was happy with my stock, glad I bought the other though.

I have both the 5x8 and the stock and use both. I had a sniper with my 250 and found it useful on numerous occasions and am considering one for my ATP.
BUT whatever coils you use I strongly recommend buying an addition shaft ( upper, lower AND hardware) and permanently mounting the coils on their own shaft. If you secure the cables with tape or other options then changing is much easier. Shafts and hardware and cheap and the convenience is well worth the extra expense. :yes:

Yeah, if it's an either or decision, then the 5x8 is much more useful. The sniper would really be useful around nearby metal fences or playground equipment in my opinion.

Papa

my thoughts exactly ... it is a very specialized use coil and unless you need to get close to metal objects like playground equipment or fences, pick apart a very small area like a picnic table, the 5x8 will be a lot more useful

i have the 8 1/2 x 11,5x8 and the 4.5 super sniper and have a lower rod for each which makes change fast and easy i like using all three depending the area i am detecting, i get good depth from all three.

Thanks Kickindirt. I haven't ordered a second coil yet. I will check out the Nel. MaineHunter

Hey jrflorida. Thanks for the input. I am in Florida during some of the winter months and maybe this might make a difference in my decision since soil conditions from Maine to Florida are drastically different. HH MaineHunter

Back
Top Bottom