ace 250

Dave056

i have a ace 250 and sometimes when im hunting it well gave off just one beep i try to sweep over it many times sometimes it,ll beep and sometimes it wont and sometimes it seems like its brain dead lol anyone have this happen?

Yes, it happens to me. I must train myself to just move on. If I can't get a solid and repeatable signal from more than one angle I'm off to the next target. I have a tendancy to try to create a good signal where there is not one. Waste of time. If you can't get a good signal in 15 seconds move on. This happens with all my detectors at one time or another. Hope this helps. GL and HH. Matt

i have a ace 250 and sometimes when im hunting it well gave off just one beep i try to sweep over it many times sometimes it,ll beep and sometimes it wont and sometimes it seems like its brain dead lol anyone have this happen?

If you're operating in the preset 6 bars sensitivity, this will happen a lots in some areas. Since you're new, I'll leave a tip: always mention your settings so a fellow poster can help without guessing.

There is 3 things that happen to be hearing the random beeps.

1) Your coil cable shakes around

2) You bump something on the ground

3) Your sensitivity is too high

That happens to me also , I just scan a little more and if I don't get a signal I just move on. It happens to me with the sens. backed down 2 notches in coin, all metal and jewelry. My machine goes nuts sometimes on bottlecaps and pull tabs.

If your getting errant beeps and beeps at the end of your sweeps reduce the sensitivity. Keep the coil flat and don't raise it at the end of your sweeps.

When I am out if my Ace 250, it has to beep on both motions of the swing before I invest my knees to dig it up. If you get a one swing beep signal. Turn your coil 90 degress to how you were swinging and see if it still appears. If it's silent move on. If it's still there. Bump your sensitivity up and try again, changing your 90 degree orientation. If it's still a one beeper, move on. Either ground minerals, or a large chuck of iron is getting through the discrimination. You can confirm that by watching your screen on the silent swings and see if it's displaying iron.

99% of the time, do a size test. Push the target button and find the signal center, them move off to the left and the right untill the signal stops. How WIDE is it from left to right. If it's not tiny, you know it's not a ring, or a coin. It could by an aluminum can. Those are about a foot or more wide (signal wise). Long pieces of aluminum fence. I've come across aluminum window frame chucks, etc. etc. All this depends on how deep it is. The deeper the smaller it's going to be.

The sure fire way to know what it is.... dig it up.

I ran a 250 for about 1 1/2 yrs, just recently went to a F2, just to try it out and get a different feel.. Mine did that also..Here's what I did :
1. Run coil straight up bottom shaft about 8-10 inches(but dont pull it super tight off coil,leave a LITTLE play to tilt coil if needed) and tape it in a few spots..then coil loosely up shaft to connector(make sure cable is real tight at connector,meaning finger tight then maybe just a TWEAK with small pliers))
2. Run in jewelry mode (unless your looking for relics) This keeps coins and jewelry in the mix. All Metal mode could pick up flakes of rust,iron,metallic rock..ALOT..I personalty never ran all metal
3. Run Sen. on 4 bars for starters, this is a pretty safe and stable setting, adjust from there.

And as others have mentioned, swing low and SLOW, and DO NOT pick up at end of swings..the Ace hates this..Finally,If it isnt a SOLID signal in most directions it is either REAL big and DEEP, or Trash.. Hope this helps a bit.HH

Well to be totally honest,,,the F2,,this thing rocks..I am still learning ALOT about it..but have found more in the last week than the 250 ever found..I also like the the tones and VDI so much better

Back
Top Bottom