4" Coil Question

Frankj3

OK, I have a question for our learned colleagues:

I've been using my 4" coil on my Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500 a lot lately while working an old city park that has nearly 80 years of hidden trash. For the most part this coil has been EXACT....except with dimes.

Here's my problem:

I get a signal that looks to be a dime by the sound and by the display on my Legacy 3500 when swinging one direction. When I swing the opposite direction to help pin point, I get the display signal of a Zinc penny. The depth tends to stay the same for either indication. When I dig the find, probably 99% of the time it is a penny. If the unit gives me the indication it's a dime in both directions, then it will be a dime.

So why do I get 2 different signals? Am I doing something wrong? It's starting to frustrate me!

Thanks in advance for y'all's input.

HH y'all.

Frank

I'd say it's the machines programing or the coins position in the ground. The smaller coil will send a smaller signal and return receive a smaller one. This could be changing the information the machine is receiving.

I have noticed that with my small 4x6 a Copper Penny rings up very close to the VDI of a dime when using the stock coil. The machine is telling you what the conductivity of the target according to the data provided by the coil and the program which was created using the data from the stock coil.. Changing the coil input data with a smaller coil will affect what the program tells you.
Sounds like you have figured out what the machine is telling you with the 4" coil, you are doing great!

Grumpy, how ya been lately?

I was at Welch Park when I was having these problems. All around the old picnic tables and the basket ball court was where I was having these issues

Frank

Back
Top Bottom