I need help with CTX3030!!!

bassspencer

Hey everyone! I bought a CTX3030 just after they came out and started pretty good! However my wife at that time thought my hobbies were not what she wanted for us! She gave me the ultimatum "her" or "detecting and fishing" well she is gone. The fishing is great but I need help with my detector CTX 3030. I have never downloaded any new modes or whatever! I need a mentor to teach me how to use this thing as I know it is the S#$&T!!!! Anybody up to explaining in dumba$$ terms on this? I would be indebted!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

Hey everyone! I bought a CTX3030 just after they came out and started pretty good! However my wife at that time thought my hobbies were not what she wanted for us! She gave me the ultimatum "her" or "detecting and fishing" well she is gone. The fishing is great but I need help with my detector CTX 3030. I have never downloaded any new modes or whatever! I need a mentor to teach me how to use this thing as I know it is the S#$&T!!!! Anybody up to explaining in dumba$$ terms on this? I would be indebted!!! Thanks in advance!!!!

I can't help with the CTX but your a smart fellow and am sure you'll figure it out:D

Ctx

Start by reading the manual 3X then do air tests on different metals, then use stock modes and get out and dig different tones. It takes hands on practice that you only can master per your machine and enviroment. Good luck.

If you were in PA I would get together with you. Find someone close that can help. It takes time and many junk targets to get t know a machine.

Start by going here: http://www.gonehuntingforhistory.com/minelab-ctx3030.html

He has programs, and links to videos to explain step by step on how to install them.

Great advice here! Can your dealer not help you as well? We offer lifetime support to all our customers on the machines we sell. I and Evan spend hours of time on the phone helping our past and future customers with setups and tips and tricks.

Holler if I can help. Thanks, Bart.

Gonehunting's program wide open, auto sens +2, ground balance off, target trace on.
Don't touch a thing after setting it up that way. Just read, watch videos, swing, and dig for a season. The ctx is a big learning curve you have to start learning the detectors language both audio and visual. There is so much you can do with the ctx you will give your self a headache. I was going in circles chasing my own tail with it when I first got it. Then I took a step back set it up and left it. I gave my self over a season to just swing and dig to get to know what it's telling me. Then I started playing with other programs and settings. You don't want to try and learn a ton at once with a detector you don't have a clue what it's telling you in the first place. I wanted to wrap mine around a tree at first. Take you time swing and dig. You will get it.

Gonehunting's program wide open, auto sens +2, ground balance off, target trace on.
Don't touch a thing after setting it up that way. Just read, watch videos, swing, and dig for a season. The ctx is a big learning curve you have to start learning the detectors language both audio and visual. There is so much you can do with the ctx you will give your self a headache. I was going in circles chasing my own tail with it when I first got it. Then I took a step back set it up and left it. I gave my self over a season to just swing and dig to get to know what it's telling me. Then I started playing with other programs and settings. You don't want to try and learn a ton at once with a detector you don't have a clue what it's telling you in the first place. I wanted to wrap mine around a tree at first. Take you time swing and dig. You will get it.

Great advice.

Back
Top Bottom