CTX3030 & Nickle tones

Rather-B-Huntin

Elite Member
I've read that several of you have changed the tone in the nickle range when using Gone Hunting's settings. Please elaborate what you did.
Thanks!

I've read that several of you have changed the tone in the nickle range when using Gone Hunting's settings. Please elaborate what you did.
Thanks!

Just make the boxes whatever tone you want. Evan uses lower tones but you can do whatever you want. I have seen guys using low tones for clad and silver and high tones for nickel and gold tones!

GH settings use combined mode. You just have to edit the GH mode and change the tone for bin 2 to a high value similar to the 4th bin.

Rob and I were answering at the same time :)

need to set the tones that also works good for your headphones. earbuds can sound like krap compared to a set of pro golds:lol:

This is one of the areas I need to experiment more with.

For some reason when I played with my tones, they never sound as 'good' or clean as the stock tones. Is there a reason for this? I mean they sounded a bit more scratchy. When I put the tones back at the stock tones, they seemed to ring nice and smooth.

:?:

This is one of the areas I need to experiment more with.

For some reason when I played with my tones, they never sound as 'good' or clean as the stock tones. Is there a reason for this? I mean they sounded a bit more scratchy. When I put the tones back at the stock tones, they seemed to ring nice and smooth.

:?:

When I hit hit on a good nickel signal my CTX gives a nice high signal like when I go over silver. Yesterday I dug a 1940 nickel at 8" deep and the vdi was jumping all over the place from 12-03 to 12-11 bit it Kepler giving me a chirp of a high signal and I dug it. Without having my CTX setup to hit high on nickels I would have never dug that signal

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

Back
Top Bottom