• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

is this considered to be an "accessory"??

They get that good of gas mileage if you dont "get on it". The second you hit the long skinny one that mileage goes out the window. But your probably finding that out after the first few tanks. It does not know if it wants to be a sports car or a fuel sipper. Your right foot determines either. Who gives a !!!! what it looks like as long as its not a miata or a jetta. Lol

so far, it's been great! 53-56 mp/g!! that's almost double what i was getting with my old vehicle! :shock: it's kinda like getting a raise! :lol:

there aren't very many of them around my general area yet either and it tends to turn some heads! :shock: i was walking back towards it yesterday from the coffee shop and a two elderly lady's were walking past it, really looking it over.
the one lady said about how "cute" it looked.
the other asked her: "What is it?"
by then, i'm close enough and reaching for the door, and politely said: "Ummm...It's a car." :laughing:
they had a good chuckle at that, it was one of those "you had to be there" moments. i gave them a brief explanation about it and said how it was a poor man's Ferrari. :D ;) (chuckles again)

but you're so right about your right foot. and there's a huge difference in response when it's in the sport mode! it'll leave the miata's and jetta's (and those fisher price-looking "Smart" cars, lol) in the rear view mirror and choking on my dust! :laughing:
one little driving tip i heard once says: every time you touch either your gas pedal or your brake pedal, it costs you money. and that is so true!

There was a high speed chase down here, Houston,Tx., last week. Smart car, 93 mph. He went straight home. Guess he needed gas and left the measuring cup at home. When it was all over Highway patrol didn't call a tow truck, they just put it into their trunk and drove to the impound yard. True story, sort of.

There was a high speed chase down here, Houston,Tx., last week. Smart car, 93 mph. He went straight home. Guess he needed gas and left the measuring cup at home. When it was all over Highway patrol didn't call a tow truck, they just put it into their trunk and drove to the impound yard. True story, sort of.

Smart Car... but a Stupid Driver! :laughing::laughing:

and 93 miles per hour..??? what was towing it?? :giggle::lol3:

I have seen them advertise on tv, they look cool but wouldn't feel comfortable knowing how they would fair in an accident. We have a Hesston 140-90 (140 horse power) tractor on our farm which is a Fiat and its been a great tractor. Must be some relationship to Ford/New Holland as we can get about any part for it at a Ford/New Holland dealer. That 50+mpg would be great, my 1995 Buick Park Avenue doesn't get quite that much :no:.

Attachments

• hesstonol2.jpg
    hesstonol2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 189
Back
Top Bottom