new 1846 permission first hunt.

pryan67

Forum Supporter
I got to go to my Aunt's house today with my friend and poke around the yard. We had high hopes, but unfortunately the first area of the yard was a bust. I found 2 memorials and a LOT of iron. That must have been where the barn used to be.

I moved closer to the sidewalk and started finding coins...including my first Barber dime, my first Standing Liberty quarter, and 4 wheaties. I thought I had found more wheat cents, but I obviously didn't. We'll be going back after we get some more rain. For some reason her yard was very dry, whereas mine is nice and moist. We only live about 15 miles apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0970.jpg
    IMG_0970.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 241
Congrats on the Barber and the stander which is still on my list. Spot rain showers will mess up your digging plans at times.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Sweet finds! Right next to sidewalks are always hot spots! They are places that have seen the most traffic over the years... nice job

congrats on the stander even though its dateless still cool find & also on my wish
list. congrats on the barber dime, have
found about 4 of those & lots of wheats.
Hope you find more cool stuff when you
go back. :yes:

Thanks all...Those were both firsts for me so I was ultra excited. I plan on going back as soon as we get some moisture in the ground again.

Congratulations! Punching two tickets on the same hunt! I've not yet found myself a Stander! Cant wait to see what else you pull out of there!:cheers3:

Back
Top Bottom