Ive found one of These In Every Permission House I've Searched

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
I've found one of these in every permission house I've searched. I still get a kick out of finding them. It's funny how simple, common things can make a guy happy.

Attachments

• 20180919_194711_resized.jpg
    20180919_194711_resized.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 405
I knew it !

You know Stiffwrists, even before I scrolled down to your photo, I said to myself “BRASS HOSE NOZZLES”. And sure enough...

I’ve found them in many permissions also and even in front of my own house near the hose faucet. I clean them up and most will work quite well still. If not, that’s a lot of brass for the scrap metal drive at our club.

Interesting to see how many sizes and designs they came in.

Jim

In addition to changing the dried out hose washer, you can sometimes take them apart to better clean out the insides which are often gunked up with soil and dried up grass. Some have a rubber O-ring seal inside.
Thanks To Jamflicker;who posted the link to the earlier Nozzle thread.

Last edited:
I have found some of those and somewhere in my yard there has to be at least two or three of them that have come up missing.

Love it! Last year the neighbor across the street gave permission to detect his yard, bang, brass nozzle and a 1970s dog license in the first 10 min!

We’ve all found them,but have you USED them? I did just what was suggested,took it apart,cleaned and new rubber....works TEN times better than those POS plastic triggered ones! I LOVE GETTING HOSED!:lol:

Also....I think we all like finding things “of quality”,which is why we like finding the older coins which are actually worth something for the material,and the artwork is generally fantastic,compared to today’s coin debacle.

well, here is mine

Glad I am not the only one. This is more like a support group :laughing: Mine is below in some of the first few things from our yard this past summer.
picture.php

Our yard is only two years old, so I've never searched it. But now that I think of it Mom and I have lost at least one nozzle each summer. They're kind of like socks that disappear. I might have to go searching to see out of curiosity.

I've found one of these in every permission house I've searched. I still get a kick out of finding them. It's funny how simple, common things can make a guy happy.

I would say so. I'm sure there are probably half a dozen around my water spigot and my house was build in the 2000s.

BCD

Back
Top Bottom