The advantage of having a waterproof machine!

Dan B.

Elite Member
One day this past weekend we had a nice steady rain coming down all day long and 18 to 20 mile an hour winds and temperatures in the mid-to-upper 30s. When I get the bright idea to take advantage of a waterproof machine and going out and play in the rain before the ground freezes up.

I managed to dig up two Brass buckles 1941-s Mercury dime some type of military pen off of a hat no clue what time are it is from and my first large cent 1854.

It seems very odd allowing the water to run down a metal detector. This is my first waterproof machine. After I finally was soaked to the bone I called it a day not too bad of a day was it?

Attachments

• IMG_20181201_194100.jpg
    IMG_20181201_194100.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_20181201_194004.jpg
    IMG_20181201_194004.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_20181201_194037.jpg
    IMG_20181201_194037.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 400
Well done! Raining sideways, 30 ish degrees! Brrr...

Trying to make the most of all the digging I can before the ground gets hard. And it did get a little warmer as the day went on the next day was about 50.

Oh my gosh, I went out last week when it was 35 and windy. I lasted 20 miserable minutes before I quit for the day (but not before recovering a gold pendent). I can't imagine what adding rain to that would have been like. Actually I can imagine it... hot chocolate and a Christmas movie while I glance at the crazy guy outside swinging his detector.

Dan, you are a hearty soul. I don't mind a little cold but couple that with wind AND rain, I'm out. Great hunt, that LC is sweet. HH Mark

Impressive even if a bit damp Dan. Congrats on the Merc, the Large Cent and the rest on what was a very nice outing. Had those conditions here in the Tundra yesterday only it was 10 degrees colder and your rain was snow here. Trapper

Awesome work! I love detecting in the rain, have it all to myself, as Tom says, “So peaceful, so serene.”

Dan, you are a hearty soul. I don't mind a little cold but couple that with wind AND rain, I'm out. Great hunt, that LC is sweet. HH Mark

Impressive even if a bit damp Dan. Congrats on the Merc, the Large Cent and the rest on what was a very nice outing. Had those conditions here in the Tundra yesterday only it was 10 degrees colder and your rain was snow here. Trapper

Well thanks for taking the time to read and leaving your comments. Think warm thoughts spring will be here hopefully soon.

Oh my gosh, I went out last week when it was 35 and windy. I lasted 20 miserable minutes before I quit for the day (but not before recovering a gold pendent). I can't imagine what adding rain to that would have been like. Actually I can imagine it... hot chocolate and a Christmas movie while I glance at the crazy guy outside swinging his detector.

Congratulations on your gold pendant, and yes my coworkers thought I was crazy for being out this weekend.

Nice bunch of finds! I hate detecting in sloppy wet conditions. I have Nox 600 headed my way. At least I'll be able to spray the mud and gunk off of the detector.

beephead

I remember you saying that you were going to try hitting the fields over the weekend when I saw you last week! Saturday was brutally miserable!! But WOW, totally worth it - those are some really cool finds! Big Congrats on your first Largie! I waited for the beautiful day on Sunday to head out, and ended up with a little clad and a small, but neat, relic - I think you got the better end of the deal :lol:

Yeah! That waterproof rig opens up the whole season to ya! Good on you for getting out and congratulations on those wet day finds!

Yeah! That waterproof rig opens up the whole season to ya! Good on you for getting out and congratulations on those wet day finds!

I'm looking forward to trying it out at the beach this summer as long as Lake Erie doesn't turn toxic green.

Back
Top Bottom