New Minelab Pro-Find...

With no depth stats, or if it's a proximity device or not like the Pro Pointer...there is too little to get excited over yet. The potential is there though ;-) martin

That's good.. garrett needs the competition in the field, so it will bring the price down. But I guess that depends on what they price it at.

Yeah it would be bad if it was retailing at 140 where the propointer is like 149. Cause that isn't much of a difference

Yeah it would be bad if it was retailing at 140 where the propointer is like 149. Cause that isn't much of a difference

But you can buy the Garrett all day at $127 though... Would be cool if this thing was water proof to.

Here's a little more info.
(there is already a thread started on this in the detector sub-forums)
Pro Find2.jpg

that has the asthetics of a brick. like it was designed in the 1950s

people will buy them for no other reason than it's stamped Minelab

I love my Garrett PP

that has the asthetics of a brick. like it was designed in the 1950s

people will buy them for no other reason than it's stamped Minelab

I love my Garrett PP
I don't care about asthetics. Form follows funtion. Even if it just works nearly as well as a ProPointer, I'll buy one. The adjustable sensitivity, along with the ability to turn off the audio alarm are two BIG advantages over the ProPointer.

If I like it when I get it, I'll either dump the ProPointer and get a second Pro Find, or keep the PP strictly as a back-up. I'm actually kind of hoping to have a Garrett free household soon.

Looks just like rebaged ProPointer with a Minelab symbol.

Minelab even went as far to use the word "Pro" on it.

Next Garrett will have a detector that looks strikingly like an Minelab Etrac with all the same features and call it a Garrett Ematrix.. :laughing:

Looks like a copy of the ProPointer, same functions and all...Volume adjustment? That's what tape is for:roll:...the unit will retain dirt and mud with all the sharp edges, too. Now, that being said, if it's priced at $75 or less, I'd buy one.

Il stick to my propointers as i have never had a problem with any of them and the garrett aftersales is second to none when it comes to a fault they are always happy to help in any way they can so why brake the mould is what i say.
but mine lab have been around a lot of years now so why now have they decided to bring out a pointer makes you winder.just my thoughts,

If it's got "minelab" on it, you can bet it will be priced higher than the pro pointer. They will be marketing it to " brand loyal" customers.

If it's got "minelab" on it, you can bet it will be priced higher than the pro pointer. They will be marketing it to " brand loyal" customers.

Exactly my thoughts, although if by some chance it's priced at the ProPointer ballpark it will be a great time to pick up a used ProPointer when all the Minelab fanatics ditch their Garrett pointer in favor for the Minelab pointers.

Back
Top Bottom