does anyone dowse?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zander10

Elite Member
hi,

i was wondering if anyone here dowses? or knows anything about it. i have seen allot in the media about it lately and i was considering a course on it.

it seems that it can be used formore than finding water. can it be used to find treasure?

i heard that the us marines used it o find vc tunels in vietnam. and british army engineering uses it to find water for their instalations.

I did when I was working,

..........I used 3/8" copper wire and I could find underground water pipes, and phone lines. It even amazed me as to how accurate it was.

hi,

i was wondering if anyone here dowses? or knows anything about it. i have seen allot in the media about it lately and i was considering a course on it.

it seems that it can be used formore than finding water. can it be used to find treasure?

i heard that the us marines used it o find vc tunels in vietnam. and british army engineering uses it to find water for their instalations.

I've used it to find underground conduits, and it seems to work, but I don't think you could find any knid of treasure with it. I don't know why you would need a course, because it's just a matter of holding two pieces of wire and waiting for them to cross. There's a website that someone on here posted a link to where the owner will pay a large sum to anyone who can prove they can find water in a test situation, but no one has been able to do it. I'd save your time and money and practice on your detector.

I've used it to find underground conduits, and it seems to work, but I don't think you could find any knid of treasure with it. I don't know why you would need a course, because it's just a matter of holding two pieces of wire and waiting for them to cross. There's a website that someone on here posted a link to where the owner will pay a large sum to anyone who can prove they can find water in a test situation, but no one has been able to do it. I'd save your time and money and practice on your detector.

that guy was on the show i saw. he will pay a million dollars to anyone who can prove their skill with dowsing. noone has been able to do better than 40% success with dowsing under his scrutiny.

My dad uses it to find water lines and stuff. It works great!

Most of the time I've seen it in action, the person dowsing is *confirming* prior knowledge of where the water lines, etc. are, and this is explained by the ideomotor effect.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if the construction projects in my area use dowsing, considering the frequency they've been hitting water and gas lines...:)

-- Tom

I KNOW it works and it true. I have did it myself and it DOES work!

It seems like achaios is saying that it works because you know it's there. If you had no clue a line or a pipe was under there... would it still work? :?::?:

Dowseing to me is like Chiropractics and ouija boards :lol:

It works for me,

......I have found underground phone lines and my partner that I worked with could not get the probes to even move a little when he knew exactly where the lines were. Another fellow and I were the only ones on our crew ( 11 people)) that had proven success when dowsing.Maybe it has to do with one body chemistry.

I've become a bit disenchanted with science over the years.

In school I was given the impression that science was the definitive answer to life's questions. It was taught as if there was no questioning those truths supported by science. Now I know science is really little more than varies technical explanations to support someones opinions. Science can be used to both support and debunk anything given enough motive.

I don't need science to tell me dowsing doesn't work, because I've seen it myself. Kind of like the halo effect. Show me all the scientific evidence why it doesn't work, it won't change my mind when I've witnessed it for myself.

I've become a bit disenchanted with science over the years.

In school I was given the impression that science was the definitive answer to life's questions. It was taught as if there was no questioning those truths supported by science. Now I know science is really little more than varies technical explanations to support someones opinions. Science can be used to both support and debunk anything given enough motive.

I don't think you quite grasp the true meaning of science and scientific methodology. ( I agree that when science collides with politics the true science often becomes perverted or ignored )

Please read the article below. I can definitely comprehend why people chose to be disenchanted over science, however I believe it is seriously misdirected.

http://steelturman.typepad.com/thesteeldeal/2007/07/michael-crichto.html

it works

My dad can do it with metal rods or a peach branch and can trace out water veins, tell how deep add how much flow the well will have. local well drillers call him to help with difficult wells or even before they start to drill.

I've tried to do it and cant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom