1918 Silver Franc coin-ring! + Merc Trifecta!

crusader234

Elite Member
Hit a curb strip in the center of an old town. After a few obligatory modern penny's I got an 85 on the atpro at about 5 or 6 inches.:grin: What I at first thought was a plain silver band ring had an odd ridge running along the middle of the inside.

5.jpg

4.jpg

I could read “LIBERTE-EGALITE-FRATERNITE” or in English //Liberty – Equality – Brotherhood”. A quick google revealed it was a silver French Franc. Really cool!

3830Cigarette_Packs_US_02.jpg

2.jpg

18REV.jpg

Designed by Louis Oscar Roty, The style is very similar to that of Adolph Weinman’s Walking Liberty half dollar.

18OBV.jpg

6.jpg

A few feet away I get another promising signal, a deep 82. out comes a 1943 Merc! Now I'm on a role.
Of coarse my old Iphone died as Im trying to take a snap
I crossed the street to another small strip and found a 1957 wheat. With only about 6 feet of unsearched easement to go I get a double blip at 5 inches. Two Mercs in the same hole. Party on.

3.jpg

Four silvers in one hunt, that's a first for me. :grin: Happy Hunting:grin:

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 1,811
Great hunt. Congrats on the silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicely done! 4 silver hunts are not that easy to do. congrats!

but i gotta know..you gonna cut that tree down to get your ring off of it? :lol:

Now that would not be right, just can't kill a tree just for a little Silver ring..... Wait just looked at the picture again that's a big Silver Ring! Wonder if the Jolly Green Giant lost that one.

Congrats on a great outing and the Silver's. Jack

Congrats on a four silver day!! I just had my first ever triple, four is my next goal....

Designed by Louis Oscar Roty, The style is very similar to that of Adolph Weinman’s Walking Liberty half dollar.

A few weeks ago I found a 50 centimes coin, it has the exact same pictures but it is the size of a dime... I thought it looked like a baby walking L....

Thanks for the cool pictures, always like those...

<*)))>{

Nice coin ring

I found the twin to it about 20 years ago. I am going to try and locate it.
Meanwhile you get a day on featured.:D

Found it

really odd same year, same coin about the same condition. Found mine in a lake in New Hampshire in the late 80s. I don't want to bogart the thread, just thought it was germane...Gil

Attachments

• coin ring french 2.JPG
    coin ring french 2.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,319
Nice job!! I haven't found a silver ring made from a coin yet, but I will :grin: nice picture art also. good job!

After thinking about it, the 50 centimes I dug a few weeks ago was the same year, looks almost the same, but is dime sized... wierd, what happened in France/USA in 1918 :?:

IMG_3392_zpsa0ef940a.jpg

IMG_3399_zpsc2380c22.jpg

<*)))>{

French Coin Ring

Hi,
I have found two of them over the years. I was told they were French Coin Rings. Made by soldiers to help raise money during WW1. Much like we sold war bonds. I have found a larger one and a smaller one. They are made from a silver French coin. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom