• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Storage

artman60

Forum Supporter
Hi All, got a question for everyone. I picked up a Whites Dual Field this morning, and this brings my total number of detectors to 5. I currently have them standing on the basement floor, leaning up against the wall. I know that sooner or later, Walks like Buffalo (my Son), is gonna step on one of the coils and crack it. I have seen them hanging on a hook, from the coil, and am wondering in this too good for the coil. Just looking for ideas/pictures, thoughts on good ways to store them. Thank you, Artie

It's good to be worried about stepping on them. I tripped over mine, stepped on them, have had them fall over; and yes, there has been some damage over the years. I finally made a wood rack for mine. It's long enough for all 4 detectors (about 4 1/2 ft), and has dowels glued in for hanging the detectors by the control box (coli towards floor). This keeps everything safe and out of the way. Curt

I had another guy send me a picture of a U shaped hook, with a wood screw on the back end. You screw it into a 2X4 (in this case) and it is like a two tined fork sticking out at you. I figure the arm cuffs will hang on this just fine. Also it's a pretty easy installation. Artie

If you have an area where you can mount a 4' x 8' piece of Peg Board on a wall in your basement, it's perfect for hanging MDs and many other things as well. There are a large variety of hook sizes available, now days, that makes the process of hanging things pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom