Garrett AT Pro Question

lawman711

Elite Member
Out in the West Texas town of ..............
I am really wanting an ATP but have been seeing mixed reviews. People either love them or hate them. It appeares that the negative reviews stem from early realeased models that had falsing issues and depth issues. I'm hoping that Garrett has addressed and resolved these bugs. Although there is no guarantee that a faulty unit will not sqeek by QC, should I be concerned that there is a better than average chance of getting a unit that requires warrantee work or repair soon after purchase?

AT Pro

The AT Pro is a recently released new model from Garrett. I was problematic for a while. It seems that they have the Bugs out now, and have made several changes to it. I think they did a full recall and restarted everyone's warranty over again....Good Luck and Happy Hunting......:biker::digginahole::biker:

No recall, and I believe you had to PAY ($40, but it was an $80 "Value" :lol:) for the upgrade (plus shipping to them) to get warranty restarted. They were out no time before the problems arose, so the "restarting of the warranty" meant little.

The AT Pro is a recently released new model from Garrett. I was problematic for a while. It seems that they have the Bugs out now, and have made several changes to it. I think they did a full recall and restarted everyone's warranty over again....Good Luck and Happy Hunting......:biker::digginahole::biker:

In addition a 2 year warranty..
I have over a 100 hours now and not a glitch whatsoever.
It's also water proof up to 10' deep..
Sonny

I just got mine last week and love it. I was concerned that it might not have the plastic locks/stiffeners on the shaft but it did, so I guess it was the post-upgrade model.

I didn't find any 'bugs' in mine, but sent it in just in case I ever want to sell it, it would be upgraded. They did replace the coil (the only problem I found was some EMI interferance). I had a Souvereign Elite, but my ATP is deeper.

Got my 2 back in Sept last year and so far no worries. Wife and I both like our decision to get the At Pros.

I think for every time you saw a post about a defective Pro, there were 1000 satisfied owners who didn't post anything.

I've had no problems whatsoever with mine. No leaks, no falsing, no depth problems.

Got about 18 snowy hours on mine and you can't have it. Its not for sale either.

It's mine mine mine mine mine mine mine!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom