First Merc!!!!!

wvdave107

Elite Member
Finally, after 3 months of detecting I grabbed my first Mercury Dime today. 1943 Liberty!!! Went to visit my mom and thought I'd hit up her yard. The house has been around since the late 40's-maybe early 50's. Found 5 Wheaties, 6 Lincolns and a Quarter. Plan on hitting again on my next visit....

Attachments

• 1943 Merc 10 Oct 2017 II.JPG
    1943 Merc 10 Oct 2017 II.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 1943 Merc 10 Oct 2017.JPG
    1943 Merc 10 Oct 2017.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 15 Oct 2017 Mom's yard.JPG
    15 Oct 2017 Mom's yard.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 186
Nice going on your first Mercury Dime! I still remember how excited I was when I found my first one. It's just the being. Good Luck!

beephead

congrats !!! Now every time you go to your mom's you will look over at that spot and remember that find !!!

Man sweet! I'm still looking for mine but I'll know it when I see it. Congrats though for sure

Congratulations on your FIRST Merc Dave! Most if not all of us can remember exactly where we found ours...its really something...

Thank Ya'll for the comments. My dad was with me. He's in his mid 80's and really enjoys when I'm poking around in their yard. I think he was as excited as I was...LOL

A big congrats on finding your first Merc !
One of the best looking coins ever minted.
I think most would agree - finding them never gets old - it's always a thrill !

My dad was with me. He's in his mid 80's and really enjoys when I'm poking around in their yard. I think he was as excited as I was...LOL

Nice job finding your first merc!! I'm still looking for mine - I know it's right around the corner!

Cool that your Dad was there with you for the find, and jazzed up about it, too. My Dad was always interested in detecting - I remember seeing some MDing magazines around the house in the late 70s/early 80s, but he never was able to make the time to try it out. He would be in his 80s now - I like to imagine he's looking over my shoulder and getting excited by my finds as I'm out and about hunting :grin:

Back
Top Bottom