bxlarry

bxlarry

I am brand new to this site. I live and md the beaches in south Florida. Can anyone tell me why the conditions are so horrendous. Hours spent, with very little recovered

Little to show

I been in Cocoa for over a week. Out every day with little to show. Thick sand in most spots. The deep cuts from the storm have given up little. My hunting buddy dug up a ships bell yesterday. We are taking it to McLardy's tomorrow.

Other than that, maybe a pound of quarters,a hundred or so Felix pennies, a dozen earrings, but no other jewelry. Not one ring yet and that's unusual.

The main problem here is 4 to 5 ft breakers, can't get past knee deep.

You have lost a few weeks of target droppers due to the storms and depending on which side of south Florida you're on the beaches could be covered with some clean sand.

I am brand new to this site. I live and md the beaches in south Florida. Can anyone tell me why the conditions are so horrendous. Hours spent, with very little recovered

Welcome to the forum, Larry!

I really encourage you to pickup a good beach hunting book like one of the many authoried by Gary Drayton. http://www.garydrayton.com/New_Sovereign_book_.php Gary discusses several strategies...hunting in sanded-in conditions, hunting with competition, ways to read the beach, timing, etc.

I also noticed you have a great lil' PI. The S/S is a solid performer. The Pro is that is achieves some great depth. The con is that if you hunt popular beaches with lots of competition, you may need a better discriminating machine. A capable disc machine will empower you to cover more ground, quicker, and cherry pick ahead of your competition.

Otherwise, if you have any specific challenges, post 'em up and we'll try to help.

The hurricane put so much sand in suspension that it thickened all the beaches around the state. On top if it last week we had the yearly king tides. That pulled dry sand off the beaches and into the water making things worse. Right now it is best to get a fishing pole and catch dinner. You will have to be patient and wait for the sand to move.

Back
Top Bottom