New detector Tarsacci MDT-8000 launched 12-11-2018 (User’s Manual posted)

With a little luck I may be able to share some info about the unit soon.

First hand info as in I will have in my hot little hands.

Product is launched on discrete basis.

So if interested you can likely in coming days see feedback from actual purchases. This unit targets salt water hunting and higher mineral soils.

Will it kill the Equinox?

If not ....im out...lol.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
i got maybe 4 or 5 hours on one and can say it is better on a beach than any thing i have used but i don't want to start a war and be one of those guys making a career out of bashing a detector

Does it run multiple frequencies at the same time like the Equinox?

Does it run multiple frequencies at the same time like the Equinox?

one at a time but it does it differently than a normal vlf on wet black sand it was quieter than my multi freq and much deeper

If someone could do a test with 24k with various different sizes and shapes it would be great... also open the door to possible nugget hunters

If someone could do a test with 24k with various different sizes and shapes it would be great... also open the door to possible nugget hunters

With time, the detector model will be more exposed as far as its capabilities and performance.
Folks will share their thoughts, do videos, and share their experiences.

I know I will.

May have to look around on a few different forums. I would be keeping a closer eye on Dankowski forum at first anyway for feedback.

I plan on trying to link the shared data where I can forum wise from the various folks.
We should eventually see a pattern hopefully develop as far as performance in the various venues as well as certain kinds of targets.

Detector seems is lightweight.
Ever handle a GPX?
I am not implying Tarsacci is better or anything, but those dadburn GPXs are heavy. And those aftermarket batteries for them ain’t cheap.

Tarsacci can discriminate though and even ID targets.

CTX Minelab ain’t cheap either.

Last edited:
Will it kill the Equinox?

If not ....im out...lol.

NASA-Tom has already said the following....

Not intended for heavy nail sites....
Not intended for heavy trash sites....(I assume he means modern trash as he said this right after the nails part)
Not intended for small gold....

So for "most" relic hunters - coin shooters - prospectors......this is "probably" not for them. Especially with the price tag being in the $1500-2000 range....and the menu system being less than "setup heaven" like the other newer releases. Seems to be a straight-forward no-frills menu system.

Looks to be a niche detector for beach use....and perhaps field relic hunting where the finds (and trash) are spread out and the minerals are nasty. Nugget hunters looking for the bigger deeper stuff might be impressed also.

Some of the beaches here in California can be rapid-fire modern trash in places. I'll assume other popular beaches are similar. It will be interesting to see how it pans out since he has said it is not targeted for such "heavy trash" scenarios.

Depth does not appear to be an issue according to Lama and Pasttom. Recovery speed - separation - unmasking....that will be the question for hardcore relic/coin/nugget guys to answer....even though Nasa-Tom himself has said this will not be marketed to the "average Joe" detectorist for those scenarios.

This is all assumptions of course....never used it....just going off what Tom and others have posted.

Looking forward to seeing what it can do once released. Even in "non-target" areas. Surely some relic guy will put it through Monte's nail test...and some coin guy will take it to a trashy park.

Tarsucci? As in Father Guido Tarsucci? ( You've got to be of a certain vintage for that one )

My Tarsacci shipping weight and dimensions.

Weight 6.6 lbs. . 2.99kgs
Box dimensions
24”x12”x7”

Last edited:
No, but if release is delayed it could obsolete whatever it was that people thought it was before anyone knew about it prior to last Sunday's stoning at St Michaels on the mount of prunes.:shock:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom