"Reputation" Poll

Should we keep the Reputation System?

• Yes, I find it very useful

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • No, I don't think we really need it

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • Keep it, but turn off the negative feedback.

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more fun than election night, when I stayed up watching to see if [CHOSEN CANDIDATE CENSORED AS PER FRIENDLY FORUM RULES] would win. And of course, as we all know, [RESULTS OF ELECTION CENSORED AS PER FRIENDLY FORUM RULES]!!

I think it is not accurate I rank at a high 34 but have had many posts deleted in the past due to they were questionable. I think you forgot to tally those up! LOL

The no votes seem to come in spurts of 5.

Hmmmmm.....

Have you looked at the bottom of the page? at any given time there are quite a few members reading and voting...

There is no conspiracy here... we have quite a few members :roll:

I'm going to give negative reputation points to everyone who votes for option 3 if that's what they mods go with! So watch out!

(... before you get mad, think about that one for a minute ...)

Thumbs up

That is a ridiculous and STUPID idea, but thank you very much for sharing it, and I wish you luck in all your future endeavors, good sir.

(ps, not being unfriendly, just a bit of lighthearted tomfoolery. don't go crazy with the banhammer on me, LOL)

I gave you a thumbs up on this as you understand the concept and executed it well, plus it was a very stupid idea :-)
Have a great day!

I'm going to give negative reputation points to everyone who votes for option 3

How are you going to know who votes for option 3? Wait... Option 3 is... get rid of the negative reputation points. :lol:

Gee, I didn't know this thread was going to get HOT! :coolinoff:

I have gained 2 reputation duing this thread!! If you all give me enough to have, like 25 reputation before it changes, I'll TOTALLY change my vote to yes. Because it's good to be the king.

Maybe reputation should only be based on how friendly the post is

OH NO!
imagesCA5E31KZ.jpg
Toast! you have to pump me up!

I like the Idea of Rep power, and could become useful in the classified section.

I think a feedback forum would be more accurate than rep points. Just because someone has good advice and gets free reps from other members, that doesn't make them trustworthy to deal with.

Just my opinion.
G2M

I agree with Cfmct rather than detecto because Cfmct has 61 rep and detecto only has 14. LOL

This is a very good point. If you understand where toast is coming from. I was gonna make a similar point but couldn't find the words. All I know is I met a really nice guy from my home town through Friendly. I called him to join me at a spot I got permission to hunt. His name is Norman. He has got 22 post and 0 rep.I have 2300 post and a respectable 18 rep. I talk a lot and have two years detecting experience. Norman don't say much about his 22 years detecting experience. But when Norman talks I listen. He stepped out of the truck with a well used DFX and plucked a silver ring and silver quarter and I went home with a 1929 wheatie. There are a lot of good detectorists out there that do their talking with their metal detectors and I think some of us newer diggers should listen up. The real important numbers are the ones in the bottom of the treasure box.

Most respectfully submitted.
Sonny.

All I can say is, for the first time in years I voted for something/somebody that is actually winning (as of this moment). Strange feeling!!!:?:

Dusty

There is already a problem with this. Mostly everyone responding here has a rep in the single digits, except the owners and mods, who have roughly 50 to 60 points. What's up with that? Is it like All-Star voting, you each voted 25 times for each other? Cause that's what it looks like.

They've been here the longest and generally have the most posts. Those count for "votes" as outlined in Carol's post of how points were figured. I don't recall anyone actually "voting" for anyone just yet, at least not in the members I closely watch to make sure they don't have more "rep power" than me!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::p:p:p:p

Dusty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom