THE Great American Coin Hunt April 21-27 2019 GET READY!!!

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Hundreds of coin dealers nationwide will be participating in the first annual Great American Coin hunt.

We will be dropping collectible US coins and paper money into circulation all over the United States in an effort to spark the interest of young/new collectors nationwide.

Our goal is to drop 1,000,000 old coins back into circulation for people to find and collect. Coins will be dropped in numerous types of locations so keep your eyes out and check your pocket change. We will be spending coins and old paper money into circulation, hiding some around our respective cities and towns, burying some for metal detecting enthusiasts to recover, etc. Some will be solo, some will be stashed in Easter eggs, some you may just find laying on the sidewalk. There may even be special marked coins redeemable for prizes at participating coin shops.

Please feel free to pass this info on. We have been planning this for over a year and really looking forward to it! We also encourage anyone that is interested to dump some old coins into circulation yourselves. Imagine the joy on a kids face when he or she gets a Barber quarter or seated dime in change or finds a rare wheat cent on the ground.

Attachments

• 51105747_372575040226539_6231107204070506496_n.jpg
    51105747_372575040226539_6231107204070506496_n.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,274
Our Coin Club participated in this last year...we have @30 active members. The Newspaper did a little article about what we were going to be doing to sort of get the Public aware and interested...

So for us Detectorists, it was a fun and good way to salt some interesting finds back into circulation..even if its just CC or NCV tokens, a guy can drop them right on the parking lot or sidewalk near a popular entrance...

Thanks...I'll definitely keep my eyes peeled...and have my son do all the paying for things when we use cash...let him find the goodies hopefully

bump this post up.

If anyone reading this belongs to a local coin club, please reach out to your members to help spread the word about this event.

If they have any questions, please feel free to contact me direct.

Scotsman coin was on the local news promoting the GACH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLj...Taiu5XXSPujjlPMrX5yhAViGP29mhj4pg&app=desktop

It's not just going to be coins dumped into circulation. They will also be dropped at random in parks, beaches, schools etc. I'm going to personally be dumping a TON of coins in/around central CT and possibly around the Catskill, NY area. There's a TON of dealers in a wholesale trading group im in that will be attending a cubs game next month and all will be spending old money at the game.

Here’s some of what I dropped/hid yesterday. I’ve personally dumped over $500 worth of coins in CT so far. If you are in CT, get out there and find this stuff. There’s a lot of nice coins being dropped.

46fc1c7bf2b557684280d8436dd68966.jpg

75aca3926c0113c87d90ecb61bd0f627.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone reported any of these finds yet? I have got 2 wheat pennies in change . Don't know if they came from these drops or someone's personal change.

Has anyone reported any of these finds yet? I have got 2 wheat pennies in change . Don't know if they came from these drops or someone's personal change.

I was shocked to discover two minty wheat cents just recently while CRHing. I can't be positive they're results of the GACH, but it would definitely make sense! It's neat to think perhaps I've found coins that were spent in the hopes of inspiring a new generation of collectors... like me! Here's the thread I posted, pictures included: My Personal Best Penny Roll Hunt! ***Update: Back-to-Back Exciting Coin Roll Hunts***

I was shocked to discover two minty wheat cents just recently while CRHing. I can't be positive they're results of the GACH, but it would definitely make sense! It's neat to think perhaps I've found coins that were spent in the hopes of inspiring a new generation of collectors... like me! Here's the thread I posted, pictures included: My Personal Best Penny Roll Hunt! ***Update: Back-to-Back Exciting Coin Roll Hunts***
Definitely no way of telling if your coins are part of the gach but we will just believe that they are :lol: I also wonder if I found one yesterday 57 rosie at a half inch deep in a newer soccer field. Good luck to you.

I got this in my change at 7-11, do you think this is part of the coin hunt?

Attachments

• Untitled ll.jpg
    Untitled ll.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 732
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 746
Back
Top Bottom