Cub Scouts tie slide

Mike (CA)

Forum Supporter
Dug this in a local park today. My first Cub/Boy Scouts anything.

65f24f43828ef5d2f5f1e8c277122c7e.jpg
54d6dc8762a47db160d29732b123434a.jpg

Congrats! I knew there was something I missed on my bucket list for this year. Still looking for one, myself.

Nice find! I like finding those, only got a handful.

This one gets a tiny bit of backstory. I know someone who went to a few meetings at the park and house across the street from it in the 60’s, as the lady across the street from the park was a Cub Scout leader. Pretty fun. She’s no longer there, or I could try for an almost ring return? [emoji14]

Those are a fun find...I like finding anything Boy Scout related.

Thanks! I’m happy to have found it!

Mike nice find. The slide looks to be in pretty good shape. Always happy to find scout related stuff. HH Mark

Thx Mark! It was certainly fun to dig :) The even more fun part was the family member saying, yeah, I went to meetings there, and the scout leader lived right across the street from where I dug it :) Love getting the personal connections.

All the best and HH![emoji1007]

Those things turn up often and I'm sure you'll dig a lot more as you go......

Yeah, sounds like people find them a lot. Fun find though. Fun to find and the local connection through the family member was even more fun.

I went on a real hit streak finding those. Always a fun find.

Attachments

• 20190923_204112-800x722-800x722.jpg
    20190923_204112-800x722-800x722.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 168
Nice find! I've only found one ever, and at the beach, go figure...…

Thanks Vermonster! How did it fare at the beach? The one I found has a tiny bit of guilding on the rear still, but none in the front. Complete and not bent, so no complaints here!

In 1964 I was a brand new Boy Scout wearing my new uniform when I realized I lost my kerchief slide. I knew where it had to be but couldn’t find it. I looked for months before transferring to a different troop .

50 years later I am driving past the first troop meeting spot and decided to pull in. I walked to the spot I believed I was standing on and 4 swings gave me a signal. 4 inches down in black muck was my lost slide.

Thanks Vermonster! How did it fare at the beach? The one I found has a tiny bit of guilding on the rear still, but none in the front. Complete and not bent, so no complaints here!

Had started to oxidize/rust, but just barely.

Back
Top Bottom