Short hunt near Gettysburg

LittleJohn

Elite Member
Had a ton of things to get done today but did manage to break free for a couple hours and hunt a pounded campsite with the Blisstool. I have read a lot about this machine and watched videos on it as well.

Today was it's maiden voyage...albeit very short. I can say one thing...The Blisstool is a very powerful machine...and easy to listen to and decide what's good and what isn't. I dug some questionable targets just to verify and it was spot on.

I dug a fired three ringer, a rivet (copper), half of a round ball...that appears to be carved and a colt pistol bullet. The pistol bullet was found in the woods and doesn't have much white patina like I am used to seeing, but the guy I was hunting with said it was CW era so maybe patina is different from woods ground versus farm fields?

2014-04-19%2019.56.22_zpshuikoz2k.jpg

LittleJohn

Nice digs. I looked into the Blisstool for a while, but decided against it due to only having one tone for all signals. I like to hunt with low disc and if the non-ferrous and ferrous targets sounds the same, not sure how I would get along with it. How much junk did you dig? How were the targets distinguishable? Thanks

Well as for the Blisstool...I was kinda blown away. I used tesoro machines for a few years when I started and I can tell you it is nothing at all like them. It has so many nuances and different sounds that it isn't really fair to be called a single tone machine.

As far as trash...I dug a few shotgun shells and a few pieces of can slaw...Also a few pieces of wadded up tinfoil...and one bent square nail.

The three ringer was at 9 inches maybe even more...but it locked in like a manhole cover...All good targets did. If you listen to the sounds this machine makes...it's almost too easy. It's not a machine I would take coin shooting at a trashy park just yet. ..but let me tell ya...In the relic fields this machine really shines...When it hits a good target you know it's a good target.

This was my first hunt with it...and I only had a couple hours because today was major busy with other things ...but...it's very simple to use and very easy to understand. Wish I had found out about them long ago...I'm pretty sure I'm hooked for good on this detector.

LittleJohn

I've heard from those who swear by those Blisstools, relic hunting. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll have it down in no time!

I'm still playing with all the possible settings, with this T2 SE that I just got. Can't wait til it clicks and I can use it properly in all situations.

I also own the Blisstool and used it at various private sites in VA in heavy mineralized soil. You are right on with your assessment- outstanding relic hunting machine that goes exceptionally deep.

Initially, I was concerned about all the settings, but got the hang of it very quickly by following the videos on youtube and about 50 hours in the field.

I haven't heard much from other Blisstool detectorists lately. It is encouraging that there are still folks out there using the machine...

Nice finds, thanks for showing! What were the copper rivets used for? I just found my first copper rivet a few days ago.

The guy I was hunting with has been doing this metal detector hobby since the 60's ...He said it most likely came from a knapsack but that was his best guess on it.

LittleJohn

Nice digs. I looked into the Blisstool for a while, but decided against it due to only having one tone for all signals. I like to hunt with low disc and if the non-ferrous and ferrous targets sounds the same, not sure how I would get along with it. How much junk did you dig? How were the targets distinguishable? Thanks

hi my friend. Im really considering the sorex pro or sorex singnum

hi my friend. Im really considering the sorex pro or sorex singnum

Leo!! What's up dude? I've heard good things on those machines.

I ended up getting Deus with the new 11" coil. Sweet machine once you get past the learning curve, which I'm still working on. I'm loving it so far.

Back
Top Bottom