EPIC DiG @ "PREVIOUSLY DETECTED" 1850 HOME

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
So i took a half day today and decided to hit that house from last night where i pulled the large cent and merc. No dice..owners not home...so door knockin' I went. 5 houses, 4 nobody home, 1 pissy old guy who slammed the door in my face. That just fired me up and there was NO way I was going home on that note. So I hit the house on the corner of my street, built in 1850. Owner says "have at it but someone was already here about 6 months ago detecting" Not what I wanna hear, but hey..i'm on a spot. Right off the bat I start nailing targets left and right. It started getting nuts when i hit the following five targets IN A ROW!!!:shock:

Seated Quarter>Indian Head> 2 Cent> Large Cent> Large Cent.

At this point I turned off the detector and needed to just take that all in. I decided it was break time and walked home. 30 mins later and all I can think is "what else was in that 4' x 4' section of the yard:?:" I went back, turned on the F75....bam..Indian Head. Stand up, swing, bam...Buff. Stand up swing....what's this? A flying eagle cent??? are you kidding me??? That was another first for me in addition to the seated. Then came a string of about 10 wheats, which oddly enough were like zincolns for me today. Speaking of zincolns....1 all day. 1 zincoln, 1 pulltab, 1 clad dime. That was IT for junk.

Also pulled misc relics, buckles, and what appears to be a William McKinley presidential token. etc.
EDIT: found it on ebay! ^^
http://www.ebay.com/itm/WILLIAM-McK...ultDomain_0&hash=item51ab8764dc#ht_1947wt_932
The old guy who owned the house was very nice and said I could come back any time I want. :D There's still a considerable amount of property left including a spot in the back yard where he said there used to be an outhouse and what he described sounds like a bottle dump.

I tried to take pics as I was finding stuff but then the phone died so I just kept diggin :yes: Cleaned shots of all this stuff to follow.

Cleaned pic added from this morning. Still have some more soaking to do but the 1848 large cent cleaned up great as did the McKinley token. The other large cent was 1818, buffs were 1936 and no date, IH's were 1868, 1897, 1905.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 4,549
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 4,543
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 4,535
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 4,552
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 4,528
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 4,516
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 4,516
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 4,511
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 4,505
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 4,489
  • finds.jpg
    finds.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 4,255
Last edited:
Omg! Epic hunt! Makes the one rosie I found today look like a welfare case lol. Major props!

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Really????? :shock:

One heck of a hunt buddy!!!

One of those coins would have made a hunt but all those are really mind blowing!!!

Go buy a lottery ticket!!

NICE, I'd like to see a picture of the house!

Out of respect for the homeowners I don't ever post pics of their homes. Plus I don't wanna be seen taking a pic of someone's house and risk getting booted off the property because they think I'm casing the joint out. Lots of paranoid people out there these days. Truth be told, this one doesn't have the usual "old home look" because it was resided. The one house I knocked at before that...wow...looked liked the bates motel. Too bad nobody was home. It looks like a recluse probably lives there.

Back
Top Bottom