Added to the arsenal...

Oldsjunkie

Forum Supporter
Been wanting a V3i for years. Even pulled a Whites banner with one off an old building in town for my man cave. There was another thread talking about which Whites machine to keep around and as the V3i kept coming up I was thinking more and more about one again.

Guess what popped up on Craigslist? That's right! Since I haven't had time to hunt for weeks because business is booming, I thought I'd get another machine... ;) Got the V3i in nice condition, the Spectra wireless phones, a Propointer AT (carrot), a lesche, NIMH pack and charger to add to the stable. Nice that the coils for the MXT All Pro are interchangeable as well. Gonna be a fun one to learn!

Attachments

• three amigos.jpg
    three amigos.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 311
  • whitesbanner.jpg
    whitesbanner.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 269
  • V3i 2.jpg
    V3i 2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 268
I have looked at that machine for years,and every time I’m ready to buy I read the posts on it,and all the settings and end up not buying.Ill be glad to hear your experiences with it,,good luck.I think that screen in HD is just awesome.

I have looked at that machine for years,and every time I’m ready to buy I read the posts on it,and all the settings and end up not buying.Ill be glad to hear your experiences with it,,good luck.I think that screen in HD is just awesome.

I did the same thing when presented with good deals on two different DFX over the years. For the under $800, I wasn't passing up this one. I tend to like a simpler machine. After putting on the 8X6 SEF and getting an hour or so in my super dry yard, the stock setup coin and jewelry program seems pretty solid.

I like to dig a coin for my first target with a new machine. It's not as simple as walking out in the yard and grabbing one any longer, but the V3i was able to sniff out a zinc quickly.

Having all the options there makes a guy wonder if he should mess with all of them...:D The screen is spectacular and even if I don't find anything with the king of Whites, I can't say it will be boring searching!

There you go! Beauty score! In the hands of certain people, like the top echelon, that rig does plenty damned good! I was always intimidated by it, not up to it....but by gosh I sure hope you can wring this rig out OJ!!...:beers:.

There you go! Beauty score! In the hands of certain people, like the top echelon, that rig does plenty damned good! I was always intimidated by it, not up to it....but by gosh I sure hope you can wring this rig out OJ!!...:beers:.

Thanks Mud! I'm not top echelon type folk, but maybe I can make it work.

Kind of like the "bubbafied" Corvettes at the drag strip, or the Porsche Cayenne that a tree fell on that a local dude bought from the junk yard to make a Porsche pickup out of...:aok:

Love the machine! Not a fan of the stock coil at all! My advice buy another coil asap!

I already had the Detech 8X6 SEF and the Whites 5.3 Eclipse for the MXT All Pro, so I'm covered for now. Going to snatch up a 10X6 DD for them soon as well.

The D2 has seemed jumpy on the MXT and the same on quick test runs on the V3i. It seems more stable on the M6 for some reason.

Had the V3i for four years, it is solid....I liked the 9.5 concentric coil the best for coin hunting. It is a bit heavy, it does go deep, found coins down to 10 inches in good conditions. The coin and jewelry stock or with just a few mods always worked best for me....the downside is battery life isn't great and recovery speed is pretty slow...and yes it is adjustable, but if you speed it up you lose a dramatic amount of depth. I had the V3i, CTX 3030 and the Deus for one year together, I sold them all except the Deus after running them head to head...the only thing the V3i had that was better than the Deus was the screen colors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Had the V3i for four years, it is solid....I liked the 9.5 concentric coil the best for coin hunting. It is a bit heavy, it does go deep, found coins down to 10 inches in good conditions. The coin and jewelry stock or with just a few mods always worked best for me....the downside is battery life isn't great and recovery speed is pretty slow...and yes it is adjustable, but if you speed it up you lose a dramatic amount of depth. I had the V3i, CTX 3030 and the Deus for one year together, I sold them all except the Deus after running them head to head...the only thing the V3i had that was better than the Deus was the screen colors.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips BlackRain! I wasn't a huge fan of the 950 on the M6, but that doesn't mean it's the same thing on this machine. I've noticed the recovery isn't the fastest around, but it probably fits pretty well with my methodical slow sweep speed.

Welcome to the dark side lol

:D Let the carnage begin!

Awesome arsenal you got there...:D:wow::grin:

Thanks! everyone has a job and once I get used to the V3i's language, I'm sure it will fill its place nicely. :aok:

Back
Top Bottom