Flashlight runs on water.

Thanks for sharing that, and don't mean to rain on your parade as I do like hearing about new gadgets but...…...

I thought it was a really neat idea when I first saw it advertised a while back, but I like checking customer reviews to see if a new gadget really lives up to the hype and is worth getting and if you read some of the negative reviews at the link below you might decide on getting rechargeable batteries or wind-up powered lights instead.

https://www.amazon.com/Hydralight-Flashlight-Batteries-Emergency-Hurricane/dp/B076JJSJ97

(I like new gadgets and was disappointed when I read some of the reviews, I was hoping for better than much of what I read)

I am kind of addicted to buying flashlights, so this intrigued me. But sadly I think GKL is right.

Some of the reviews are good though. 'My 12 yr old dog is brighter than this "flashlight."' :laughing:

I didn't read the reviews that GKL posted, but did notice in the ad that there was no option for purchasing a fuel cell by itself. This would be my greatest concern. Two years down the road, when the supplied cells are now "dead", where do I get another, and how much will it cost?
While it's nice that folks are keeping new, (and even old) technology alive, it's kind of useless if one can't get replacements at later date.
I think, like the Faraday flashlight, it's a neat gadget, but it won't "take".

Roger

I saw that too. I put it right up there with that flashlight you shake back and forth for 60 seconds and it builds up enough charge to kinds sorta give enough light so you won't stub your toe in the dark. I have two of them and although they do work, they sure aren't like the TachLite.

I suppose if a guy got his hands on enough of these fuel cells, he could make a CAR that is fueled by water! The TeslaH20! Or a Trolling motor! I mean hey....no more hauling those heavy marine cells, no more tedious recharging! Just dunk it in the drink and get to fishing!:laughing: And since I'm brainstorming, I suppose even a metal detector that runs on water is not out of the question? Or urine would be good too...:laughing:

I saw it on tv actually and thought I would share.

I like this subforum.
More latitude as far as posting topics to get conservation going.

I’ll stick with my aa batteries flashlights thank you.

I saw it on tv actually and thought I would share.

I like this subforum.
More latitude as far as posting topics to get conservation going.

I’ll stick with my aa batteries flashlights thank you.

:thumbsup: yep, that's the neat thing about this subforum, if you're not sure if some gadget is worth getting just post about it and see if others have any knowledge or experience (pro or con) with it to help you decide whether it is worth getting.

Even if I do plan to buy something locally I still like to check the reviews on Amazon first as I prefer to try to get products that are 4 stars or higher rating.

As far as AA batteries I have had good results with RayoVac AA rechargeable batteries, I use 6 of them in a Coleman CT-70F 700 lumen LED flashlight, and I have been using those same batteries for about 2 to 3 years (maybe even longer) and they still recharge good and make my 700 lumen LED flashlight shine very bright !

I think I bought them at Walmart way back then, but here is what seems to be the same batteries on Amazon, they come ready to use -

https://www.amazon.com/RAYOVAC-LD715-4OPB-Ready-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B01LQKDEUA/

(I posted that as there seem to be various versions and those seem to be the ones I got or very close to it, the printing on the battery may have changed a little since way back then)

"I suppose even a metal detector that runs on water is not out of the question?"

MuddPuppy do you know what you just did!!! If any detector manufacturer is reading this they are in a mad scramble to come up with that very machine. No more worries of getting your detector wet, no more having to buy more than one kind of detector for land or water. Why this will set the detecting world on it's hiney. If you want to water hunt just dunk and go, on land carry a canteen. BRILLIANT!!!:p:lol:

Last edited:
This is my edc light. Simply amazing; versatile, bright, small, rechargeable and a great gift.
MICROSTREAM® USB POCKET LIGHT

Back
Top Bottom