Good digging on Good Friday - Silver, STER, IHC and old token

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Had a good afternoon door knocking with Bigfoot1 and JD.

First door knock was with Bigfoot1 before JD arrived. House had been hunted by others, but we both got Sterling. I got a Sterling handle from what appears to be a Victorian era rouge brush or something similar for Sterling #3. I also got a junk ring that was miniature brass knuckles and inscribed "No Fear". Next knock was a house built in 1898 that had been hunted many times. At that one JD arrived about halfway through. I pulled an 1898 IHC for #4. I also got a nice token from the City we were digging, but gave it to the homeowner who showed a lot of interest in it. Token #8, Madisonville Chair Co.

Next door knock. Was a small 1920s home/yard. At this one I got a fake gold chain that got me excited. I also got a 1947 Rosie and 7 wheats back to 1918. It was a great yard with 28 wheats between the 3 of us. JD also scored a silver and Buff in the yard.

Great afternoon to be out with digging buddies.

45f2f8bfacb457142f924d0bd49cdfbe.jpg

8d2137bd58dbe48a61b093042b25b27c.jpg

bc08e29552b91392c5d26e4cd228cf89.jpg

42e27eb913679c1bcecb165184abae88.jpg

6c1de7d170905137bb2ddb82e05bd8d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The pattern on that silver handle particularly the center of that flower) looks VERY much like Kirk steiff's pattern "Repousse". You might be able to fingure out what it was by looking at that set. each item had different arrangements of the flowers, and so you can identify fairly closely.

If I recall correctly, the various incarnations were
S. Kirk
S. Kirk & Sons
Kirk Steiff
Steiff

"Repousse" is a pattern of sterling silver flatware with a LOAD of accessories! grape scissors, bookmark, ring, brooch, earrings, cake servers, candle sticks, comb, brush, mirror, just about anything you can imagine has been done in Repousse. It is a very early pattern, and was very popular around the turn of the 19th/20th centuries. It is my family pattern and I do have a full set of the flatware.

SageGrouse

The pattern on that silver handle particularly the center of that flower) looks VERY much like Kirk steiff's pattern "Repousse". You might be able to fingure out what it was by looking at that set. each item had different arrangements of the flowers, and so you can identify fairly closely.

If I recall correctly, the various incarnations were

S. Kirk

S. Kirk & Sons

Kirk Steiff

Steiff

"Repousse" is a pattern of sterling silver flatware with a LOAD of accessories! grape scissors, bookmark, ring, brooch, earrings, cake servers, candle sticks, comb, brush, mirror, just about anything you can imagine has been done in Repousse. It is a very early pattern, and was very popular around the turn of the 19th/20th centuries. It is my family pattern and I do have a full set of the flatware.

SageGrouse

Thanks SG! Great info!

Some interesting finds! I love the silver!

beephead

Thanks Beephead. Not keeping up with you, but I'll take it.

That's a darn good day there! Congrats.

Thanks Dangit! Tennessee is treating right.

I need to start door knocking! These sites i am hunting just are not giving up the goodies. I like finding interesting things like that better than silver! Great finds!:wow:

Back
Top Bottom