Finally Gold

tonznz

After seeing 18kRonin and his massive gold ring yesterday I was inspired to go out for a hunt.

I detectored for about an hour and a half and had found a penny and plenty of brass, copper scrap metal in the bush.

heading towards the car I got a signal and here it is. I did a gold dance!

9ct with onyx and it weighs 7.6 grams. Fits my pinky finger!

The other photos are of silver coins and relics found in the last three weeks! Enjoy!

The pocket watch isn't silver sadly!

Attachments

• ringwild.jpg
    ringwild.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 532
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 604
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 551
  • pigandring.jpg
    pigandring.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 616
  • badges.jpg
    badges.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 545
  • coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 630
  • military.jpg
    military.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 628
  • watchwild.jpg
    watchwild.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 636
  • silverthree.jpg
    silverthree.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 535
  • silverwild.jpg
    silverwild.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 539
  • various.jpg
    various.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 543
Awesome assortment there! I like that ring, it looks old.

Congrats on the hunts!

G2M

Great finds! Congratulations
On the GOLD!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

9ct doesn't pop up here much, congrats on the oldie looking gold.

Nice assortment of silver too

Swing is right - 9KT barely ever shows up here, infact I may have never seen it here, whats up with that?

is 9k typical of the 19th century but not the 20th?

beautiful fat ring man, how did it ring up?

big congrats,

Mike

Nice big chunk O'Gold to get started! :wow: Congrats, now that you broke the ice may you snagg many more. :cool:

Your wee Highlander reminds me of a hamburger chain in Kansas when I was a laddie. It was called Sandy's Hamburgers, and I loved to go there and eat their food. Here's what their mascot/logo looked like:

serveimage

Awesome assortment there! I like that ring, it looks old. Congrats on the hunts! G2M

9ct gold according to my google search was introduced in 1854 in Victorian England along with 12ct and 15ct. 12ct and 15ct were discontinued in 1932 when 14ct was introduced. So it could be old. No other hallmarks on the ring. It was only around 2 inches deep in a forest. That's not saying much as I often find Victorian coins on the surface in forests here. The roots I guess stop stuff sinking down.

Great finds! Congratulations
On the GOLD!

thank you.

Congratulations! Nice finds.

cheers

Always love your finds!!! Big congrats on that fat gold!! <°)))>{

Thanks

9ct doesn't pop up here much, congrats on the oldie looking gold. Nice assortment of silver too

It does have an oldie look about it I think. Dam fine on my finger too.

Swing is right - 9KT barely ever shows up here, in fact I may have never seen it here, whats up with that? is 9k typical of the 19th century but not the 20th? beautiful fat ring man, how did it ring up? big congrats, Mike

9ct is still very common in New Zealand. Probably most gold sold here is 9ct. Though there is more 14ct around these days. 18ct is also common here, but not 10k so much.

I had to go bury it in the garden to check how it read. It was only 64 on my Tecknetics T2 which has similar readings to the Fishers gold bug I think. I placed it in a hole on its side to get the 64 reading. Then I tried it again with the ring tilted downwards and it read 63. Low numbers. Odd. Another gold ring I got a year or so back remember was 77. Then another lightweight one I dug was in the 50s! Just have to dig all the numbers I guess which is what I do in the bush.

Nice big chunk O'Gold to get started! :wow: Congrats, now that you broke the ice may you snagg many more. :cool:

Thanks I hope so too. It will keep me hunting optimistically for several more months over the cold winter!

Wow you did good! Congrats!

thank you.

I always enjoy seeing those New Zealand silvers, congrats on the gold!

cheers.

Your wee Highlander reminds me of a hamburger chain in Kansas when I was a laddie. It was called Sandy's Hamburgers, and I loved to go there and eat their food. Here's what their mascot/logo looked like:

serveimage

Very similar. Lots of Scots came here to Otago. It was a Scottish settlement in 1847. Bag pipes come out for most official ceremonies involving local government. And I buy haggis at the local butchery, though its only me that eats it!

I bet that you are still on cloud nice! Nice going!
beephead

yes indeed! Thanks!

Nice assortment of finds.
Grats on the gold

cheers.

That certainly is a great collection of finds. The gold ring sure looks like an oldie. Nice collection of relics too!!:yes: Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!

Back
Top Bottom