first silver of the year!

gunwolf

Elite Member
I hit a very trashy, very hunted old park on the shores of Lake Ontario this morning... I have been here a 100 times...I always get something! today I ran in TTF with the sens at a hot 29 (for the deep coins) this park is mostly sandy soil and I have pulled IH's at about 13" before.
Bad thing about Rusty nails is they sound so good and read a conductive number so you have to dig em'... low and slow... got a 1920 Merc, a few more wheats, and some clad... I also had a nice 12-36 and this round crusty thing came out? looks rusty but doesn't ring like iron... more to be investigated.
IMG_0514_zpsvohdwtok.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0515_zpsnxvckcac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0517_zpstrorkngy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Way to go on the Merc.. man that's alot of nails, and they do sound good sometimes and other times the E-Trac will grunt and the pin point will be way off..

Way to go on the Merc.. man that's alot of nails, and they do sound good sometimes and other times the E-Trac will grunt and the pin point will be way off..
yeh I usually only dig if I get a solid signal both ways and the numbers are a steady CO #... it baffles me how almost every park around here is loaded with rusty nails... I mean everywhere! not just one spot where a building must have been. all this came from an area about 50x50.. I went real slow and I dug just about every half-way decent signal I had.. it paid off

ETA: I have also noticed if you pay attention to the numbers while in pinpoint mode it will make or break ya!

Back
Top Bottom