Grandson's luck

Treasure2some

Elite Member
Our grandsons have spent many summers with us at the lake. The older one has always loved metal detecting. As he has gotten older, summer activities related to school have decreased the time he has been able to stay with us. Memorial Day, Fourth of July, his birthday, and Labor Day holidays became the norm. He graduated this year and has taken a full time job so the time has decreased even more. I point this out to demonstrate how lucky he has been at finding treasure with little time spent. Three summers ago he found a gold ring on both Memorial Day weekend and on July 4th. Two summers ago he found a 1898 Barber quarter on his birthday at another water hunting spot nearby. Yesterday on his first time staying at the cottage overnight he found the silver ring shown in the picture.

3ad3392fcfa2673479ed8ecc6cb61651.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Grandparents should have a lake or a farm. My paternal Grandparents had both. Grandpa could take a 1/2 dozen grandkids fishing and Grandma would fry the fish and make sure each kid got the exact same fish they caught. I don't know how she could tell all those bluegill apart, but I'm glad she did. Both of my Grandfathers were outdoorsmen. One fished and hunted for sport and the other to feed a family during the depression. I learned so much from them.

Those are some beautiful green gems! Congrats on the bonding experience and great finds!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mud
There is only 11,000 lakes in mi .
With Irons and Rat here there is not much left!

I leave all the pulltabs and zincolns I can for ya! [emoji383][emoji41]🤡

Back
Top Bottom