My CZ21 is already cracking!%$@*&!!!!

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Bear in mind this thing still has the factory batteries. Never been tightened by me. Never been dropped. Rides in the back of my SUV on padding:shock::shock::shock::shock:

I'm not even opening it up to see where the corrosion came from until I contact Fisher and they tell me what they plan to do about it;) It's cracked at the battery door and at each connector going into the main housing at the coil wire and headphones:shock: I'm just glad I'm testing the small coil before I bought the big coil version. My Grandmother warned me about Mexico:lol:

Attachments

• SAM_1977.jpg
    SAM_1977.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,505
  • SAM_1979.jpg
    SAM_1979.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,509
  • SAM_1981.jpg
    SAM_1981.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,444
  • SAM_1985.jpg
    SAM_1985.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,443
  • SAM_1986.jpg
    SAM_1986.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,453
  • SAM_1989.jpg
    SAM_1989.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,466
Wow sorry to see that...

Should have bought a Viper....:tomato:

I hope it gets fixed quickly for you!

I may have to deal with cold but at least I don't have to deal with salt water and the finickey, complicated, expensive machines you guys need to hunt it.

Interesting. Maybe they overtightened the cover at the factory if you didn't put the batteries in.

No idea what is going on but hopefully they will deal with it.

Not sure how they are going to explain the cracks at the connections in the main housing? I know we had a semi trailer load of pvc pipe the factory had to destroy after we found it had holes in the whole run of pvc from cold moulding it. Plumbing pipe they stamp the guys names in the pipe all along it so they know who to fire:lol:

Bear in mind this thing still has the factory batteries. Never been tightened by me. Never been dropped. Rides in the back of my SUV ....

Does it remain in car at all times? If so, the heat would do that. If not, I don't know. Factory defect. hh an gl -Joe

The last cz21 I bought new and was having back issues so I sold it before I ever used it. Just before I shipped I noticed mine also had those same cracks. Fisher sent me a new cover but, REALLY?? Brand new:no:

Best of luck getting it repaired. They come with a 2 year limited warranty, which means they replace the parts and you pay the labor?

That stinks

I had an issue with White's on a cracked case. I sent it in for a leak after the 2 years and they of course charged me for the repair. It was a black gasket case, and they waived the charge. First day back it leaked like a fryolator basket.
Sent it back with a letter and they sent me a whole new unit. That's White's.
You need a new case or a whole new machine plus an iron clad deal that assures you in case it happens again. It really sounds like there is some bad material used in those moldings I can understand a crack at one connection, but not all those.

Oh no, is this a rag on Fisher post????? :laughing:

Slowly it is getting out that even the "bullet proof" CZ-21 has it's own problems.... At least yours turned on when you got it Larry..... I had to send mine back for another one when I bought it three years ago it would not make a sound.... it is with a different owner now and has been back to the factory 4-5 times now. His other CZ-21 has been back numerous times too and the same with yet another user in the area....Coil problems, manufacturing problems and a few leakage problems. I'm not so sure the Quality Control people are looking closely enough... great detector but far from "bullet proof"....please don't shoot it to prove me wrong like the guy that bought the Kevlar bass boat then complained when it didn't stop the bullet he shot at it!:laughing:

When they are working, they are a great machine, and if no one comes out with another water machine to try soon, I just may have to try my luck at buying another one some day.....

Looks like the assembly people are over torquing everything and maybe causing problems.
The spec for cover tightening IIRC was 8 inch pounds and I use a torque wrench every time I change batteries and don't have a crack or leak problem. The last manual I saw doesn't have that spec anymore. Hope you get it fixed under warranty quickly.

Had to check mine after seeing this... mine looks fine thankfully.

Sorry for the CZ trouble.

Back
Top Bottom