Made their day... and mine!

Boondocks

I was detecting on the beach this past weekend when I had a nice man come up and ask if I could help them. His friend Kelly had dropped his wedding band in neck deep water 5 hrs earlier. Kelly was so upset that they couldn’t find his ring that he’d had on his finger for 25 years that he went to the room to lay down. I started my search with my Excal and a couple of his friends called him while I was on my first pass. I went until I was neck deep and started back towards the shore and heard the unmistakable sound of gold. It took several scoops since I was so deep and I was being moved around a lot but on the 4th scoop I had it in there. Within ten minutes I had found what had been lost in the Gulf of Mexico for hours. Needless to say the whole group was amazed and thrilled. I am so happy that I could put the ring back where it belongs.

Attachments

• IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 556
People are really amazed

When they see what an experienced metal detectorist can accomplish.

To them it's like magic or a miracle.

Great hobby!

I'll never forget when I lost my gold wedding band on my honeymoon in Maui. I searched for 2 days and never found it. I only wish someone like you were there that day to help. Good on you Brother!

strick

Back
Top Bottom