Opinons from Cache hunters please

Steveouke

I was metal detecting an old farm this morning. I got a good signal at +8 on the Garrett. I quickly dug a big deep plug and went to pinpointing. Quickly dug a couple of mason jar lids. WE ended up digging down about 20 inches and didn't see any coins or lids. We dug 8 of these mason jars without a coin one. Would you continue to dig deeper or give up on it!

If you were just digging the lids without any actual jars or pieces of broken jars I'd probably right it off.. Its sill fun finding those, especially if the milk glass under the lid is still intact..

I did the same thing last week. Searching an old farmstead and I kept getting deep signals. Dug them up and it was mason jar lids or old cans. I kept thinking the same thing as you though. "Is there a cache under here?" So far nothing but I kind of came to the same conclusion as LightningJack. If there wasn't any glass jar underneath I gave up on them. No coin signals either.

Well there was a ton of broken glass. 6 out of the 8 milk glass seals were intact. At 18"'s there were no more tones out of the Garrett. I am wondering if the coins would have sunken deeper than a few inches below the bases of the jars we found..

I was metal detecting an old farm this morning. I got a good signal at +8 on the Garrett. I quickly dug a big deep plug and went to pinpointing. Quickly dug a couple of mason jar lids. WE ended up digging down about 20 inches and didn't see any coins or lids. We dug 8 of these mason jars without a coin one. Would you continue to dig deeper or give up on it!

It is possible the lids and broken jars are from a cellar that collapsed. Those beets and Tomatoes would have turned to mud long ago.

I would dig down as well. I love beets!

Shaun

Back
Top Bottom