All I've found so far is change and an earring.

snf101480

Elite Member
I've found $5.40 in change up till now, no silver, I did find an Irish 2 pence coin and a canadian penny. I also found an earring, can't tell if it's gold because I can't read the engraving on the earring. I've found all this since I started on March 27th. The ACE 250 is great with coins, I'm happy with it so far just wish I'd find something else.

most of us didn't find Jack the first few months when we started the hobby. Then one day when we least expected it we found something worth writing home about. We have dry periods also where it seems everything has been found worth finding. Then up pops a big 14g 10K gold ring where you would have thought never in a million years! Sounds like what happened to me last week.
You'll dig a lot more trash but increase your keepers if you hunt with the Ace in All Metal.
No Notch either. That's a gold killer. I hear but ignore those low iron tones with the Ace and i swear the depth doubles in All Metal. No! Really! I'm not imagining this. It's true!

Yep, keep at it and the good will surely come.
What part of Mass. are you from?
Southeast here.

Just you wait... when you least expect it... BAM! We found a gold ring about a month into the hobby!

emdees

Thanks for the support guys, I love this stuff, it's so much fun, I know I'll find something good soon, I'm looking forward to it. agbkyle, I'm in North Eastern mass.

I've picked up a ton of trash, I don't bother mentioning the pulltabs and foil and other garbage lol, but it's nice to clean up the places we go. I bet that pretty soon, we'll find something good, you figure if you put the hours in, you're bound to get something good. If other people do why not us? We both have the same machine too. I know it's capable of finding the good stuff. Good job so far, good luck man.

Just be patient. I know, easier said than done but the silver will come. I went to our local "hunted out" fair grounds on Thursday and Friday and worked on areas that were no where near the grandstand. Just out of the way areas and found a silver rosie dime and a silver washington quarter. Both "rang hard" with absolutley no doubt that they were premier targets. No doubt in my mind that no one ever ran a detector over them or they would have dug. Try some of these types of areas for silver. Just stay out of Western kentucky :lol::lol: Seriously though, it will come.

I was feeling the same way, clad & junk. Then popped 2 rings within a half hour. On the way home I was feeling good and stopped at 2 places that I was trying to get the nerve up to stop & ask. They both said YES. Keep a positive attitude & look for new spots. Your in a good area up there.

I can relate. you will find something that surprises you sooner or later I know that happened with my Avatar I found that on the local fresh water beach. it's worth a little too. The coins will come as will the chains and rings you just have not run into them yet but you will. Good hunting and hope for warmer weather up there too that helps a lot

Don't worry it will come , we all have to pay our dues . And as you learn your machine and your researching gets better you will find the good stuff . If we started out finding everything the fun would be gone and thats why they call it hunting . lol Good luck

HH Harold

Its gotta be there to find it. A couple of days ago I went to a playground that I have hunted last summer & I found 11 pieces of jewelry in about a half hour,nothing valuable though. I went to another playground next day for about 3 hours and only found one piece of jewelry. Make sure to set your discrimination to just knock out a nail if you want to find rings & jewelry along with the coins. Steve.

Don't worry it will come , we all have to pay our dues . And as you learn your machine and your researching gets better you will find the good stuff . If we started out finding everything the fun would be gone and thats why they call it hunting . lol Good luck

HH Harold
Well said Harold & I agree. Steve.

Finds so far

snf101480

Don't worry, after you learn the machine - have it down cold start hitting other places, old parks maybe. Most guys didn't find much when they styarted. Or try to hook up with other detectorists in your area. Try to get away from Boston a little and into the country side. Mass MAY have regulations against hunting on State park land or State forests. We got thrown off once in the far Western are just over the border from NY State - the park ranger may have been right - may NOT have been. Ask others from Mass someone on here will know. Many times you will find old cellar holes on state lands. OR try to find some private lands and get permission. You'll find other 'stuff'.

Good luck and have fun.

Tim - Check out my album!

Back
Top Bottom