• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

No Volume control?

The answer is probably cost. But many detectors do not have a volume control. The worst part is there in no volume control on the AT Pro or the AT Pro waterproof headphones. Some guys stuff the cup to save their ears.

Alot of machines don't have volume control,get yourself a set of headphones with that feature on them then there you have it controlled volume.

Yeah real MDing headphones have the volume knob on the earpiece, along with a mono and stereo switch.
You don't need to break the bank, $50 max for decent set, but I have read reports that the expensive one's help with understanding detectors with complex tones.

No volume control ?!

My GTI has it. But, I still bought a set of Koss headphones with an inline volume control. It is a slider control and it sucks, (tends to cut out one or the other ears). The MD phones with a knob will be my next purchase. Just in case I get another MD with no volume control.
Marty

Like previously mentioned it probably all has to do with cost, but if they are cutting corners there, where else are they cutting corners? I personally won't buy a detector that doesn't come with an adustable volume control, but that is just me. You can make up the difference by buying headphones with adjustable vulume controls on each earpiece and the afore mentioned mono-stereo switch. They can be found for under $50.00 incl. shipping if you shop around at the various dealerships, but can be quite warm in the summertime when it may be necessary to go with light-weight headphones.

Back
Top Bottom