Wet drizzly hunt..

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I snuck out of the house yesterday while the wife was shopping.. it was our 11th wedding anniversary something I never expected to reach :D

Ground was nice and soft from the heavy rain the previous day...

I was hunting very slowly with my MXT and the SEF 8x6 coil in the heavy iron and nails of a property I have permission to detect... came up with a few nice coins...

Also last picture is from my last 3 hunts at different permissions I have.

Sorry for the picture quality.. wife broke my good camera and replaced with a garbage camera... :roll: One of these days when I have more time I will replace the POS one she bought for me..

Attachments

• 100_0086.jpg
    100_0086.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 383
  • 100_0084.jpg
    100_0084.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 398
  • 100_0080.jpg
    100_0080.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 388
  • 100_0079.jpg
    100_0079.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 393
Nice finds. How deep are you finding coins with the mxt

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I have found plenty of deep silver.. this hunt it wasn't too deep about 6 inches on average.. what makes it sweet is knowing others have hit this same spot with their high end machines and missed these silvers.. :D

I only hunt in relic mode, 2 tone, +3 on the Gain... anything above iron I dig..

WOW! That Half Dime is a real looker! Nice hunting there! Congratulations on your 11th anniversary too! :laughing:

Thanks Mud.. you know I never expected to get married... I was very happy being single... I don't know what I was thinking :yes:

Nice

Old silver Craig, i know your just kidding about the camera, as you bring home the bread, i was looking at a new camera, Costco has a 16 meg, Fuji waterproof camera , for 150.00 bucks - has anyone used one on here ?, mine is a 12 meg, wondered if going to a 16 and waterproof would be worth wild ? , anyway nice find's , happy hunting Earl

Old silver Craig, i know your just kidding about the camera, as you bring home the bread, i was looking at a new camera, Costco has a 16 meg, Fuji waterproof camera , for 150.00 bucks - has anyone used one on here ?, mine is a 12 meg, wondered if going to a 16 and waterproof would be worth wild ? , anyway nice find's , happy hunting Earl

Thanks Earl... I had a Fuji that she got wet... put it in a back with a open bottle of soda:roll:

I have been swamped with things all spring now... renovating my moms house besides trying to get my work done with all this rain we are getting... last year we were dry as a bone this year everything is super wet.. I haven't picked up my water machine in almost 2 months now... I am also helping out a friend with her father who is 90 and had heart surgery... she can't get him in our out of bed so its my weekend job... home health aids don't wan to work on weekends :roll:

Craig

About the same here, next week they finally start putting my beach house back together, the heating & air people will finish up next week, they said the flex was still- filled with water , even after it happened mid Feb. , my house is cluttered here, hard to work, by Sept 1st, it should be done, another missed season at the beach, o well, i enjoy the off season anyway, dogs allowed on the beach, just got back, Shogun kept on wanting to do a U turn from the pet park towards the beach after business:(, as since mid Feb . , he went swimming in the ocean 3 or 4 times a trip, enjoy life bro, Earl

Nice old coins, congrats! But I have my eye on that cow figure, if that's what it is... now that's a neat find :yes:

Congrats Craig on the Half Dime, first year Merc, Indians, V, Buffalo and the rest of the coins and relics...looks like some coppers/Large Cents too...excellent digs!

Sweet half dime

Nice collection of good old stuff.
When you get a chance can we see some close-ups of the dime please?

thanks, Bob

What is the item to the right of the lock Craig?

It looks like some kind of buckle on the front under what looks like a captain of a ship is a WW1 destroyer or battleship... its copper or brass.. I would like to clean it up but I am afraid to lose the patina..

Nice old coins, congrats! But I have my eye on that cow figure, if that's what it is... now that's a neat find :yes:

I thought it was a cow until I cleaned it a little... its chubby lamb and is marked England.

Congrats Craig on the Half Dime, first year Merc, Indians, V, Buffalo and the rest of the coins and relics...looks like some coppers/Large Cents too...excellent digs!

I was hoping for a D on the merc but wasn't meant to be.. those coppers are smooth KG half pennies I think... I'm not expert as I usually beach hunt but they are the same size of the half pennies I found with Mark early in the spring.

Nice job man! Congrats on the oldies!

Thanks Cellar..

Nice collection of good old stuff.
When you get a chance can we see some close-ups of the dime please?

thanks, Bob

Sure Bob.. tomorrow I'll try and take a better pic with my IPhone.

Congrats on some great finds, the half dime looks to be in great shape!

Thanks Milco.. the back is the best side.. the seated front is worn down..

Nice finds:cool:

Thanks bibelot :)

That is a great CT hunt! We have the stuff here you just have to find it. GREAT JOB!!

Its the same way here Mud... have to get the coil over it.. :)

Back
Top Bottom