First & Only Gold Coin - 1758R (6400 Reis)

813pujols

1758R.jpg

Found on shoreline about 7 inches down with my trusty Bounty Hunter Platinum Metal Detector...

You Haters Can Doubt All You Want !!!

This was my first post to this site because I figured people would enjoy seeing such a nice find. It's so funny how people doubt someone when they post or say something that's kinda out of it's realm. I don't have anything to prove to people I don't know, but here's a little story about this find. I have been detecting with this machine for over 3 years now and mainly do shoreline hunts. I really don't care what the people say about machines not working very well in wet/dry sand because I have two witnesses that watched me pull this coin and numerous other 1700 & 1800's coins out of this area. I've found most of them in the dry sand by the eroded banks, but even in the shallow water going very slow. The coin is a little smaller in diameter of a fifty cent piece and thinner. The shoreline has a lot of oyster shells and I guess that's why it didn't drop down any farther than it was. Just my opinion about that. I took the coin to the Baltimore Coin Expo at the Convention Center a couple of years back to get some expert opinions on it. I was told it was worth about $700.00 - $1,100.00 to them. So I figured it was double the value. I did sell the coin to a friend which lives about twenty minutes from me for $1,500.00, which is what he offered me. I needed the money but I can always buy it back from him. He use to own a coin shop back in the 1980's. If it would satisfy some of you nay sayers/doubters I could easily stop by his house and take more pictures of it. And NO he didn't own it from the get go because I know how you doubters will think !!! The reason why it is on a "blackbook" is because I was working at a car dealership at the time. The book was used to appraise trade-ins. I know now I really opened up the nay sayers minds to doubt me even more. I feel it's my responsibility to explain and to give as much detail as possible because I can't stand liars or disloyal people. Well I hope this helps you doubters out, but if not so be it! Thanks to all for believing me from the very beginning! I hope Good Coin Karma comes your way soon

First off I didn't see anything other than the Midas comment that would cause you to think we are all nay sayers. Now let me clarify or explain why they do have some here.

1. Several times a week someone signs up and first post is of some super awesome find that most of us that have been detecting for many years have never seen.

2. Never reply's to any posts after.

3. First Post AMAZING FIND!?!?!

4. One pic with no story to enlighten us.

Its a fantastic find and I would say congrats and hope you find many more.

The fact that you knew what he was talking about when he said Midas says that you probably are Midas.

Congrats if i'm wrong.

1758R Coin

First of all, I didn't say everyone didn't believe me. If you look up my profile I did become a member years back but I didn't post anything because I rarely came back to this site. I found it when I was cleaning out my favorites bar and that's what really put me back on. I can understand that there are some idiots out there that do this kind of stupid stuff. It's not me. I'm 43 years old and don't have time or get my rocks off by listing fake stuff up on the internet. I do realize that people of all ages still so dumb stuff like that. It's easy to figure out what someone means if you post a gold coin and the Midas comment comes up. Well thanks again for the positive comments and I'll start listing my other finds to gain some credibility here. If not, the haters can keep hating. Happy & Safe Hunting....

Rob

Nice find! :clapping::excited::clapping:

Do you have any more pictures? I know I would have taken hundreds!!!

I LOVE seeing gold coin photos. Your photo just doesn't capture the golden color, and it looks more silver. Is this the case in person too (appearing more silver, or white-gold), or does it look very golden?

Congratulations on a really incredible find.
No need to get so defensive so quickly though, it just makes it look like you really do have something to prove:roll:

When someone doubts you, it's your responsibility to stand up for yourself.

^ Thank you !!! I'm only trying to prove that I was telling the truth about my find. Have you read all the posts? It's not cool being called a liar when your being totally truthful... Happy Hunting

First off I didn't see anything other than the Midas comment that would cause you to think we are all nay sayers.

813pujols has/had another thread out about the same coin, and people expressed their skepticism. That's why this looks to be out of the blue. I held off commenting until I felt more confident that this wasn't another teen posting an "AMAZING find!!"

Congrats on the gold coin, 813pujols. Sounds like your honey hole really had given up some amazing finds. Let's see what else you've got!

Now, on to do a search for 'Midas' and 'gold coin'...

Back
Top Bottom